What I Learned | Teen Ink

What I Learned

February 5, 2009
By Anonymous

I walk into fifth hour, 'another class' I thought. Great. The semester just ended and I got put in health class with Ms. Smith. I heard from some of my friends that the class was easy. All I had to do was take notes, just like the rest of my classes. And we had no home work. Yes! I like classes that have no home work. But I never know who is going to be in my class. I will just have to wait and see.

As I head to my classroom, 319, I see my best friend Shaun. 'Justin, what class do you have?' I could not remember so I said 'Um' room 319, room 319, 319,' like I was some forgen person from India.

Shaun had the same class too. So at least I was not alone. Finally someone to talk to. All year I have had to make new friends because none of my old friends were in any of my classes. That is until now'

We walked into the room. It was like every other. Rows of desks, chairs, and that smell of Expo markers. You know the kind that can get you high from the back of the room? We took our seats at the front of the room. The very first table.

So like on the first day of school, we went through what we can and can't do. The rules, EST.' Then I started to feel threatened. 'If I see head phones out, I have a tendency to want to put them up your left nostril to see if they come out the right.' Or 'If you are late, I will hang you by your nose hairs and ear lobs.' See what I mean. I know that she was kidding but I promise I will never be late!

A few days latter we started a movie 'Supper Size Me.' It's about this guy who has to eat McDonalds for 30 days, and for every meal. He can only eat what they offer, and if they ask if he wants a supper size, he has to say yes. But in the begging, they show the difference between a family run restaurant food and McDonalds. They wanted to see how long it would take to decompose food. McDonalds took twice as long. But the French fries, after 10 weeks, still looked like you bought them yesterday.

Wow!
I learned not to eat McDonald's fries any more. They have too many preservatives in them.