Gone but Not Forgotten: MH370 | Teen Ink

Gone but Not Forgotten: MH370

Tragedies occur all over the world and sometimes you feel helpless not being able to help others in need. What exactly happened on that day when Malaysian flight 370 disappeared? Sometimes uncovering the truth hurts others in the process and that’s probably why the Malaysian government doesn’t want to release an official statement. There are many theories into how or where the Malaysian plane went on March 8th but the truth behind it all is yours to decide.

On March 8th 2014, MH 370 took flight at 12:41 AM toward what we assumed to be, Beijing, China. The main pilot of the plane was Captain Zaharie Ahmad. Everything seemed to be going smoothly until the plane lost communication with Malaysian air traffic control at 1:19 AM.
Just imagine how dangerous a plane would be 40,000 feet above sea level with no type of communication. Some may say that it’s a disaster waiting to happen but maybe on that day, Captain Zaharie Ahmad thought it was the perfect opportunity for him. Most likely he set it up so that he would lose communication with air traffic control.
At around 2:15 AM the Malaysian military radar spotted the plane heading west over the Andaman sea. For everyone who is not good with geography, I’ll help you guys out here. Beijing is located Northeast of Malaysia, now shouldn’t a plane heading toward Beijing be on its normal route Northward? Then it gets even weirder because at 8:11 AM, the final communication from satellites came from around the Indian Ocean.

So far I have only given information that everyone knows is factual but no one has, or wants to put the rest of the story together. After the last voice communication, military radar tracked the jet at between 43,000ft and 45,000ft and it stayed at that altitude for roughly 23 minutes. At a height of 43,000 ft. to 45,000 ft. the passengers would pass out after 12 minutes from lack of oxygen. Oxygen masks are deployed from that altitude but they only supply a few minutes of oxygen. Then moments later after the rise in altitude the plane went down in altitude. A senior government Malaysian official stated that the plane dipped in altitude to between 4,000 and 5,000 feet. Someone experienced in the cockpit must have known to drop in altitude if you want to hide from radar. In an interview with CNN aviation analyst and former National Transportation Safety Board Managing Director Peter Goelz, they said that the main problem was the plane was directed away from land to avoid detection.
If someone high jacked the plane then they must have either held the pilot at gun point the whole time or it must have been someone experienced in aviation to navigate the plane toward somewhere radar tracking couldn’t reach them. In most areas near third world countries there aren’t many radar tracking spots. Especially once you hit water the radar tracking signals are limited to bodies of water near land and once you pass them then are able to not be detected by anyone except satellite signals that are scheduled automatically.

No one has yet to find a motive or an incentive for the pilot to suicide and when reporters went to ask Ahmad Seth, son of Capt. Zaharie Ahmad Shah, about his father’s suicide he said that his father wouldn’t do that. He said that his father was not a hijacker and he will only believe it when there is proof before his eyes.
He does have a point in saying that his father is innocent until proven guilty but on the other hand there hasn’t been evidence of a mechanical problem or a hijacking by a passenger. When the daughter was asked by reporters of what she thought about her father’s disappearance she stated that, “He wasn’t the father I knew. He seemed disturbed and lost in a world of his own.” She also stated that he spent a lot of time on a flight simulator in their house and stopped speaking to her. Now I know some people may say that the flight simulator was for training but it isn’t it suspicious that he spent a lot of time on the flight simulator near March 8th.
I’m not a preacher or a crazy conspiracy theorist but I am a logical thinker. Like I said, I’m a logical thinker and in the end no one truly knows what happened to MH 370. The reason why I chose the Malaysian plane disappearance was because it was a current event that caught my eye. I wanted to convince you guys in what I think happened but at the same time tossing unsubstantiated rumors isn’t what scholars do. It doesn’t matter if you’re an expert or a guy on the internet writing a blog but the truth behind everything is that you can’t throw rumors out there without hard evidence to what happened. Unless we find that black box then no one will know what happened to MH 370.