Freedom | Teen Ink

Freedom

By SamiStarkid2276 GOLD, Coventry, Rhode Island
SamiStarkid2276 GOLD, Coventry, Rhode Island

"Too err is human, to forgive is against company policy."

Freedom. A meaningless word. A word thrown around by adults many times a day. A word, politics seem to have forgotten. We are no longer free men and women.

Free men and women are able to coexist with out as many sexist views as we have today. Free men and women would be able to marry whom they wish, not be told no by the law.

Yes, we have ‘Freedom of Speech’ and ‘Freedom’ of our own opinions. But what is the use of that so-called freedom if no is going to hear us? No matter how good or thought out our idea’s are? And if we are young? Yes, we are under the age of 18. That does not mean we don’t have good ideas. Freedom should still be that free speech AND being able to be heard. Not the word thrown around.

America separated from England for a reason, and it was to be a free place and be independent. Home of the free. Some two hundred years later, it doesn't seem that we are following the ways of our Founding Fathers.

If you think about it, really think about, we do have shackles that bind us all.

Thank you.

MidnightWriter SILVER, Ontario, Other

Writers are a less dangerous version of the career criminal. Everywhere they go, they see the potential for the perfect crime. The difference is that writers have better self control.

Freedom. Let's all walk a path that takes the whole world there.

Nice piece.