The "R" Word | Teen Ink

The "R" Word

February 10, 2010
By CelticThundeGurl SILVER, Benson, North Carolina
CelticThundeGurl SILVER, Benson, North Carolina
7 articles 0 photos 130 comments

Favorite Quote:
"It is time for us to realize that we are too great a nation to limit ourselves to small dreams."






















- Pres. Ronald Reagan


Okay, am I the only one here who thinks this new hot topic in the news, the "R" word, is completely useless?? If any of you have noticed, during this administration, certain things that were not serious have been blown to extrodinary measures. For example, racism. I'm not saying that racism doesn't exist, but what I am saying is that is has been blown to such extrodinary measures that if someone does not agree politically with you, they can be considered racist. Is it just me, or is that a bit crazy? Now after some of the racist stuff has calmed down, a new topic has come into view. The "R" word. Liberal media has now stopped refering to mentally challenged people as,(and I do not say this with any cruel intentions),but as retarded people. They have now made it seem cruel and inapropriate to say the word retard. Now I do agree that people should not say it in a mocking or cruel way, but it is now frowned upon and criticized to say the word retard. Lately, Rush Limbaugh quoted a liberal who had callled people in his own party *bleeping* retarded. Now the man apoligized, but the liberal media reported that Rush Limbaugh had said something much worse, when in fact, Rush was quoting that man. We need to stop listening to the liberal media and believing all the lies they are telling us about conservatives. I listen to Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Mark Levin, ect. I have also heard many of the thngs that have been said about them by the liberal media, and I can honestly say that Rush, Glenn, Mark, ect. are always right and telling the truth. If people would only listen to them and compare, instead of hearing one side and believing everything said about them, many, many, people would see, and understand where our country is headed and that we need to make a difference. If we teens would only listen to these men, we would learn so much and it would build great leaders and strong, independent, conservatives. We need to take a strong stand against the direction the liberals are taking our country. Our government thinks it can spend it's way out of debt, but it is only digging a deeper hole for us, and for our children to try to climb out of. I want to make a difference and I want teens out there to decide to take a stand for right and to fight for their country. Our country and our freedom is something worth fighting for. Never quit fighting. Never back down. Never give up. Please join me in praying for our country and standing for what is right. Thank you, and God bless.