What is it Really like Having COVID-19? | Teen Ink

What is it Really like Having COVID-19?

August 3, 2021
By CrazyCatLady6 GOLD, New Radnor, Other
CrazyCatLady6 GOLD, New Radnor, Other
16 articles 0 photos 102 comments

Favorite Quote:
"There would be no shadows if the sun were not shining"


This was a question that I have had ever since the start of the pandemic, even before it came to my country. I wasn't until the 21st of July 2021 that I got my answer. I became ill with the Delta variant of COVID. For a few days after I was exposed and caught it, wasn't aware of my infection, because I had none of the usual simptoms. I never once had a temperature, or even the slightest cold. My simptoms were a constant migrane, dizziness, sore throat and blocked nose. Me and a group of my friends all caught it at the same event, we all were infected the weekend we broke up for the summer holidays and had a house party (yes I am aware of the irony). 

One of the things that most disturbed me, is that I would have had no idea at all I was infected with Coronavirus, if I hadn't been notified by a friend and taken a test. I work weekends at a bookshop, and I know what is on the posters and the notifications for the customers. Other than the 'please sanitise your hands' and 'wear a face covering', the most used slogans are 'If you have a sudden and continuous cough, or a high temperature, it is likely you are infectious with Coronavirus. Please contact the NHS for a PCR test'.

What the NHS has done for this country (the UK) is incredibe, but I feel like they could advertise the different symptoms, it would make it easier to nit-pick the people suffering from COVID, and help them get the medication they need. Not just this, but it could help stop the spread of COVID here, and make their (the NHS) job easier, and maybe we can get back to some semblance of normal, though I do think that life will never be what it was like in 2018/19. 


The author's comments:

As someone who has suffered from COVID I rlly want 2 make sure no one else suffers from it. I know I was lucky, I'm thriteen and I'm fit and healthy. I was lucky. Some people in this pandemic haven't been so lucky, the death toll is people, not stats, and not number, these are real live people. I know I can't do alot, bunif at least a few ppl read this and take away from it, and remember it, then I have at least tried.

I hope u guys all stay safe, and healthy and have a great day (or night I don't know wat time zone u r in.

 

Luv yall!!!