Friday the 13th | Teen Ink

Friday the 13th

Is the fear real?

Is Friday the 13th all that it is pumped up to be? Is it the day and night where all your worst dreams come to life, where everything and anything bad can happen with the blink of an eye, and the night where Jason comes out to end your pathetic life with what ever rusty sharp object he can find? Is it all real or just another made up excuse for ones who can't take the heat themselves? More and more pointless superstitions go in the file with the black cats, broken mirrors, and falling ladders.

Friday the 13th is just a made up day for superstitious people to blame their unfortunate luck on something other than the fact that they are just lame. I feel people who blame their bad luck on a black cat that walked in their path, breaking a mirror that triggered the seven years of bad luck, accidently walking under a ladder, opening an umbrella inside, the supposable frightening day of Friday 13th, and many more just as pointless are ridiculous for even considering that these events caused all the problems in theri lives. Too many people are buying into all the hype.

If it continues where people constantly blame their bad fortune on stupid made up superstitions and don't take credit for their opsies and boo-boos I feel that it may possibly turn into something more threatening. What I mean by this is that if people are so quick to blame their bad luck on a cat and their mistakes on everyone else whose to say this type of behavior wont spread? I have a friend whose little brother gets into a lot of trouble. Roughly about 90% of his 4 years of life have been spent blaming other people. 'I didn't do it', 'she did it', 'I didn't touch it', 'the dog did it' 'it was Fred (imaginary friend)'. He is so quick to blame everything and everyone around him that who's to say in the future he won't be doing the same and blaming others for must worse things.

How can we put an end to this? I honestly really don't know how. All I can say is can we please stop the name game? Yes it's easier to put the blame on someone else, but seriously how far can it take you. Just suck it up stop blaming your unfortunate events on the impossible and just make your own fortunate events. And lay off of Jason, Friday 13th is his day so give him a break it's not his fault he's disturbed'.and stop making movies about him its getting old.

Sunshineyday said...
When you believe in things that you don't understand, you SUFFER, cause' Superstition aint' the way!

IRBFGW DIAMOND said...
IRBFGW DIAMOND, Cincinnati, Ohio

"Hey, assbutt!" Supernatural, Castiel.

I hate people who like to point fingers. and i think superstitions are a little, not to put this meanly, pathetic. but its not just superstiton, people are quick to blame ANYONE but themselves and i hate that. great artcile!