Keep on moving | Teen Ink

Keep on moving

By Rachie SILVER, Animas, New Mexico
Rachie SILVER, Animas, New Mexico

"And in a single kiss..the world changed. Two hearts became one, and two lost souls found one love to last for all of time"

So I sit here; I think about my past, and my future. But most of all, I think about what's happening in the present. What I do today, may change what happens five years from now. This article is far more than just an opinion; I'm not really sure what to call it, but it's like getting into my mind; hearing my thoughts, and feeling my emotions. Today the world is filled with hate; I'm quite sure you all know that. But how much hate can possibly be consumed, before everything gets filled up? Then what? I have gone from this house of yelling and fighting, to being held, cherished, and cared for by the one I love. Then, I went straight back to that house. Just back and forth, over and over again. It's so confusing; sometimes I don't know what to do. Well let's see; my opinion on this. It sucks! I'm only human. What the f*** does my father expect me to do? I can't be perfect but that's what expected of me. I know there's a lot of people out there, feeling what I feel, and going through things worse than me. If I could fix this world I would. I want to save the starving children in Africa, and pick up every stray animal I see.You see, these songs I sometimes hear, well, their my inspiration. And well, there's this guy; he's my motivation. As people, we need to come together. $700 and some odd billion dollars is being spent, maybe not in the best decision, but in a helpful one to many people. Sure, it's our tax money, but if we are getting it back, what's so bad about that? The odd thing about all this, one man told me his opinion, which made me change mine. I thought the stimulus bill was a stupid, unnecissary thing. But as I learned more, my thoughts changed. Maybe you all think different. Take this how you will. Wow, I kind of got off track there for a few minutes; sorry about that. Well, okay. So we all know being a teenager is anything but easy. Why does it seem like our parents never understand; because maybe they don't. What I'm getting at here, is that, most of our parents were born in a different generation. Things were so different. Now, many expect us to be like they were. No no no. Be who you are. Be yourself that's what I am always told. But when people start starving themselves, doing drugs or drinking just to, "fit in", that's not being who you are and that is definatly not cool. I don't hold it against people who do this, but I just wish there was something I could do about it. Keep moving on, it's your only hope when it seems as if there is none. Let the stars be your guide. Reach for them, they're the only thing that won't let you down. I'm a teenager, and I tell you, I've gone through a lot more than people know. My past has made me strong, and has molded me into the person I am today. Depression is something I fight with regularly. It's not an easy fight, and sometimes it wins, but tell me something now tell me this; if our parents can't see how much we're hurting on the inside, how can they even say they know us? How come for once, just once our parents can't step in our shoes, and go through everything we do. Why does it seem our opinions never matter? I don't know. I don't have the answers. I search and search but I never find the answer I need. My only advice; keep on moving. Life gets tough and we want to give up. But what are we gaining by that? Keep on moving and you'll get to where you want to be in life. If you can't find motivation in someone, or something else, try looking on the inside of you. You might just find what you've been looking for all along.

..I didn't want to get to deep, so I just sum up everything I guess