Smile, it's just a bad day. Not a bad life. | Teen Ink

Smile, it's just a bad day. Not a bad life.

September 27, 2013
By Anonymous

I woke up realizing that I wasn’t alone in my struggles in life. There are others too. I guess I was carrying the world too hard. Hi! I’m fifteen and I’m born in a bad generation, backed up by a cruel world with cruel people. I just wanna be LEGENDARY.

I’m a girl. And I’m really addicted to music. Once I was depressed with such worse problems in life. Along with loneliness, fate brought me to the music industry and there I met the most amazing band I've heard in the entire world. They’re from Arizona and they are God’s gift to humanity.
When I suffered from great depression, I had the chance to meet people walking in my own shoes. And to think, they survived with the help of the most amazing band in the world.
I started to realize that there’s so much more beautiful things to do in life than just sitting there and doing nothing all day. With every word on the lyrics the band speaks, my heart pumps out blood ten times faster than its normal rate. Taking advantage of this, I figured that I could still change my way. So, I decided to go out and chase the world and just live happily while I’m still young.
And to tell you, I’m now recovering from deep anxiety. This time I know that I am not half-empty. ?

A tribute to: THE SUMMER SET


The author's comments:
Life has lots of tragedies. But the best thing about it is we've gotta have lots of adventure. My suffering of anxiety inspired me to write this.