The Punisher | Teen Ink

The Punisher

March 11, 2013
By super.power BRONZE, Mundelein, Illinois
super.power BRONZE, Mundelein, Illinois
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Have you ever been punished for something that you’ve done or you were punished severely while you believe that it was cruel and they abused their sense of power over you? Well you’d probably deserve it.
I have had numerous amounts of scenarios similar to that when teachers abuse their power. So one time, I was playing at the jungle gym right on the monkey bars when I was younger about 9 years old and all of the sudden one of my friends throws wood chips right into my face. It got in my mouth and my eyes. So after that I picked up some wood chips myself; thinking when was the perfect moment to strike back and to seek my revenge. So I went up behind him when he didn’t expect me and I said,
“HEY UGLY.”
He turned around and right when I was about to unleash my wrath, I heard a noise in the distance.
“HEY YOU, come over here.”
In my head I was freaking out because I was scared of teachers. At that age I pictured teachers as the wicked witch from Narnia . I didn’t know what to do at that moment so I panicked. I made a loud high pitched scream it sounded like a dying hyena. and I whipped the wood chips right at his face. It was a satisfying feeling. Just like in Star Trek, “revenge is a dish best served cold.”
The teacher grabbed me firmly on my wrist. She dragged me off the playground and into the school. I wasn’t really sure where I was going but I knew it was bad like walking down the park and stepping in dog poop. She took me straight into the principal’s office and long story short, he gave me an after school detention. I know I probably deserved it for disobeying the teacher and ending the moment in violence, but to be fair he started it . Getting in trouble back then was like someone holding you down and having them just squirt lemon juice into your eyes.

Here are some ways that worked for me throughout the years for how to not get caught. Let’s say you’re in class and your friend is right next to and the only way to get even is by gluing his/her hands to the table.

Step 1: When your friend walks away to grab more materials that is your time to strike. You need to get your hands on some serious glue. Try super glue or something of that similar stickiness. It should be as challenging to get your hands off it like an obese grizzly bear trying to lick his hands after finally he gets his hands out of the honey.
Step 2: This glue should be see-through so it should be kind of a challenge to see right away. Start gluing the table where you have noticed your friend put his hands the most. Don’t make globs though; make sure it makes a flat surface.
Step 3: Put his paper that he is working on right on the edge of the glue.
Step 4: By this time he/she should be coming back by now. Act natural and when he is hovering his/her hands right above the glob of glue slap his hands hard that way he can’t escape the glue.
Step 5: but this shouldn’t look intentional because your friend might make a big scene. Have another extra glue bottle and unscrew the lid and lay it down to make it look like it was a complete accident.
There you have it the perfect revenge. Now if you do happen to get caught, apologize immediately and accept responsibility for your own actions.
Principal: What happened this time?
Me: He started it, he started it.
Principal: Okay, here’s what I’m going to do. I’m just going to let you go with a warning. Don’t do whatever you did again, got it?
Me: Yeah sir.
You don’t have to mean it but it will save you the punishment because what is the worst the teacher will do? Give you a detention, it’s just glue.
Over my whole lifetime of knowledge (16 years) this is what I have picked up and learned. The best way to live life is with jokes and laughter. Like this one, three guys, stranded on a desert island, find a magic lantern containing a genie, who grants them each one wish. The first guy wishes he was off the island and back home. The second guy wishes the same. The third guy says
"I’m lonely. I wish my friends were back here.”


The author's comments:
This piece took me awhile to finish.I wouldn't say it's my best or worst though.