What is Life? | Teen Ink

What is Life?

By TaurusGal GOLD, Hong Kong, Other
TaurusGal GOLD, Hong Kong, Other

As life goes on, things get more complicated. You are no longer a child, but an adult who faces reality. To you, real life is nothing like fairy tales. Problems are not being easily solved and confusions are everywhere. There is never a long period of rest and peace. You should always be aware of everything preventing you to live an easy life. Moments of sadness and misery are much more frequent than those of happiness, filling your head with indescribable madness. Life is not only black and white, but is different shades of grey. No one is really right or wrong. Every person you trust may suddenly be gone. Now you wonder if every choice you make in life is a bet. What you can only do is to trust your instincts and prepare for the worst.
Despite the dark side, life can be full of excitement and surprises. As long as it is interesting and fulfilling, this world is no longer cruel and cold. Warmth and smiles still exist. Although there can be many bad times, never give up for a moment until your last breath. As there is a saying that every cloud has a silver lining, hope is always there for us.

Gc3337 said...
You're an extremely talented writer! I'm so proud of you!

AnnaSharudenko BRONZE, Los Angeles, California

Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. -Edgar Allan Poe

Even though there are some negative moments in our lives, there is always at least one aspect of positivity. Great job :)

sharabnbg said...
exellent essay

lhealei said...
its true, and life is really great!

qamar said...
a good interpretation about life moments and events............