Too Many Cars | Teen Ink

Too Many Cars

By Chans247 GOLD, Rosthern, Other
Chans247 GOLD, Rosthern, Other

"You could say this advice is priceless. Now...if you trust in yourself...believe in your dreams...and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spend their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy." ~Discworld

All you see nowadays are cars, cars, cars, and still more cars. Causing problems too big for one people to solve by themselves. And that is why there are so many traffic jams. It’s because a lot more people are driving cars. We drive cars to work, to the mall, to lunch, and sometimes just to the corner store. Why do people need to drive everywhere? Sure it’s faster, easier, but it is harsh on our world.
For one thing, to make roads for the cars to drive on, the workers cut down trees to make room for all the big highways. Trees are useful to the environment and us. Trees produce oxygen so that we can actually exist. If people don’t start changing soon, there will be less oxygen for us to use. Another way trees and forests help up is that they produce a natural boundary. If a windstorm comes, the forests block the force of the wind, so on the other side, and the windstorm is calmed down. By cutting down trees, we are basically putting ourselves into harm’s clutches.
Just to make the roads causes a lot of damage in itself. Not only does it force us to cut down trees, it also causes a lot of construction going on all over the place. With all the construction going on, it would be easier to just walk to where you want to go than wait in a 30-minuet traffic jam. Sure the construction is for making a road, but will that do any good? The wider the roads get, more cars can go on them, so more people will go on them. Then they need to build more roads and then the cycle starts all over again. Soon, we will never be able to get you of this construction chaos. We may as well not even make wider roads because making them causing more trouble than traffic jams anyway.
The more cars, the more traffic jams, but people just keep buying more and more cars anyway. I bet everyone I know either owns a car or has a driver. But there are more people that I don’t know, and bet lots of them own their own cars too. And every time one of those people uses their car, they are polluting the earth more and more.
We are making ourselves miserable by giving ourselves luxury. Driving a car is a lot easier way of getting places than walking. All you need to do is step on the gas, steer, and try not to fall asleep. But when you walk, it takes a lot of energy and lots of people get tired after walking for a while. But the more we drive our cars, the more we are polluting our own planet that we live in. It’s already polluted enough with all the building and all the people, but with almost every one of those people driving a car, the world is just getting into a big mess. If this doesn’t stop soon, we could be in big trouble.
How are we supposed to solve this problem? Everyone is used to driving everywhere and there is no way any of them is going to quit the life of luxury and walk everywhere. Well, why do you think there are taxis and buses everywhere? They are not just there for decoration, they are there for us to use, for us to go places in. So why don’t we just solve, even just a little bit, of this problem with the solution that is right in front of us? It would limit the amount of pollution just a little bit, traffic jams would decrease, and it would save money of gas, fixing the car, and even buying the car in the first place. It also allows you to get where you are going quickly and just having to sit in the back and enjoy the ride. So next time you are about to go in your car to drive to the corner store to pick up some groceries, think about how much you would be saving if you would just walk.

_Armando said...
_Armando, Sacramento, California
This is very true but you can also add car create pollution

cwoelk said...
Good observations! Thanks for drawing attention to this