Different | Teen Ink

Different

By HippieNamedAnna PLATINUM, Kansas City, Missouri
HippieNamedAnna PLATINUM, Kansas City, Missouri

Let It Be-The Beatles
Music is the only thing that makes sense any more-Me
Make love, not war-a bunch of people
Roses are red, Violets are blue, I have five fingers, The middle one's for you-Me :)

I am a different kind of girl. There are endless things that make me ''Not-Your-Average-Teenage-Girl'' such as:I hate shopping, I hate Justin Bieber, I hate Kesha, I hate Valentines Day, I dont want to be in a relationship, and I dont go to places like AE, Aeropostele, Abrocrombie, Hollister, etc.

Now, let me explain some of this; I don't like shopping because it is just waking around changing in and out of clothes that you barely ever wear, Justin Beiber and Kesha are just fakes and they creep me out, I hate <3 day because why can't you just tell somebody you love them everyday??? and those stores, here are three reasons: They smell like shit, the workers there are racist, and it is impossible to find something with out their name on it.

Music wise, music is my life. My favorite bands are:The Beatles, The Killers, We The Kings, The Ting Tings, Owl City (NOT under any circumstances ''Fireflys''), LIGHTS, All American Rejects, Paramore, All Time Low, and HOLLY Mountain.

So yeah, where I live, pretty much everyone looks the same, same hair colour, same hair length, same eye colour, same wordrobe. Well my life's goal is to not fit in, to be different, so I have red hair, green eyes, and my wardrobe is basicaly just tutus.

What are your favorite bands/singers? Comment them! please? love you!!!

don't be affraid to let your style shine! Don't care about what other people think of you! The only opinion that matters, is yours! : )

Let It Be-The Beatles
Make love, not war-a bunch of people

ok well can you please not type negitive comments? thanks

Scarecrow BRONZE, Vancouver, Washington

"A father is a banker provided by nature."

-French Proverb

Which comes back to my other point, which is that trying to be different means that you're not so different from many, many other teens.

Let It Be-The Beatles
Make love, not war-a bunch of people

oh ok. well thats part of it, because i just don't want to be the same. i like unique.

Scarecrow BRONZE, Vancouver, Washington

-French Proverb

And I meant that it's highly possible that you don't like these things because everyone else likes them.

Let It Be-The Beatles
Make love, not war-a bunch of people

well i meant that i dont like the same things as every body else

Let It Be-The Beatles
Make love, not war-a bunch of people

woah! i thought it was impossible to not like the beatles! haha jk

CheyGurl SILVER, Chula Vista, California

Jealousy is a disease get well soon :]

were like totaly the same except i like shopping and i dont like the beatles but pretty much everything else is the same... i also have red hair and colored eyes :]

i love bring me the horizon and stuff like that

Scarecrow BRONZE, Vancouver, Washington

-French Proverb

Almost all teenagers go through a search for identity, trying to carve out who they are. While many do this by trying to identify and fit in with peers, another of the most common ways to do this is to anti-conform in order to feel different from everyone else. Since it appears that you've gone to excessive and deliberate lengths to do exactly this, I'd say you're more of "Your-Average-Teenage-Girl" than you'd like to be.