Do You Think the TMS Bell Schedule Should be Changed? | Teen Ink

Do You Think the TMS Bell Schedule Should be Changed?

By Garren_Wilcox BRONZE, Oregon City, Oregon
Garren_Wilcox BRONZE, Oregon City, Oregon

Have you ever felt as though the bell schedule is inefficient? We could use our time better at Tumwata Middle School. Some people still think the bell schedule is just fine. We should change the schedule at Tumwata Middle School By making 1-hour classes, fixing confusing class times, and adding more time to important things.

First of all, we should change the bell schedule at Tumwata by making 1-hour classes. Have you ever wondered why the classes at TMS are 1 hour and 5 minutes, I have and I think that it would be better to take off those 5 minutes and add them to something important. For example, first of all, it would be more convenient also, it would be better for time management, and the students would be less confused. And eventually with all our changes and additions school will end at 4:00 PM.

Next, I think we should fix the weird class time, for example, on a normal day 1st Period starts at 9:44 AM, and ends at 10:49 AM. I do not like this because it could be clearer and easier to remember. We should also make passing period 5 minutes not 4, so first it is a lot more satisfying, and second, it gives more time to the students to get from class to class and go to the bathroom.

Finally, we have more time for things around the school, with the changes we’ve added we end at 3:35 PM. So we need to add 25 minutes to other things, such as making lunch which is currently 30 minutes to 40 minutes, now we get out at 3:45, we should also add 10 minutes to advisory, now we get out at 3:55, which is what we currently get out at, so we should add a 5 minute passing time to lunch, to make lunch 45 minutes and so people can get to lunch without wasting their lunch and recess time. Although some people say the current bell schedule is good, I disagree with all of them. We need to use the time at school to have fun and learn more.

To sum it up, even though the current schedule is good, I think we should change the schedule so we have 1-hour classes, Fix the goofy class times, and just give more time in general for everything fun and not fun. Do you think the bell schedule at TMS should be changed?

I wrote this as a school essay in an attempt to change the bell schedule at Tumwata Middle School.