nail | Teen Ink

nail

By packerfan1212 BRONZE, Hartland, Wi 53029-1830, Wisconsin
packerfan1212 BRONZE, Hartland, Wi 53029-1830, Wisconsin

It was at the end of the school year, I was in the gym and we just finished class. At the end of class, you get time to go change back to normal clothes. But when we got in there we noticed that There was a fly in the locker room. So me and my friends were trying to kill it by hitting it with our shirts. We were swagging at jumping up trying to hit. We were trying anything to take it down.” JACK IT IS COMING YOUR WAY!!!” All I was thinking was how hard I am about to hit the fly. I see it coming at me. The fly came at me and I swagged at it. As hard as I can just trying to take the fly out. I see it fly behind me and I turn around to swing with my shirt not looking where I am swinging. I realized that I missed it. I just feel a lot of pain in my finger. All of my nails have blood under them. I go to the bathroom while holding my finger while it hurts so  much. I just had so cold water on it that it hurt for 20 seconds. After that day my finger didn't hurt that bad. My nails were black for most of the summer. But I don’t think anyone noticed when it happened. For hitting my fingernail, I never would think it would hurt so bad. It was really weird during the summer all the black just started to come off. Like I would use my finger and scratch at it and the piece would fall off. In the end this is one thing I learned: don't let the fly win next time.