Memories | Teen Ink

Memories

June 6, 2023
By Anonymous

Memories, the flashback of events occurred in the past. Memories, the eventful reminiscence of the memoirs of our beloved ones. Memories, the unwanted recollection of something tragic.

Memories are a part of us. They are the ones which we make without even knowing. One could be sitting under the night sky counting the stars without knowing that it would become a memory once they've grown up and got buy improving their lifestyle.

Memories make up who we are. They form ourselves, our minds. There are times when we are enjoying a moment in life, without knowing that it would become a memory someday. We humans do no understand the value of living in the moment. We are busy clicking pictures,posting them to get socially recognised. But once the moment has ended and we've moved onto something new, memories are what is left with us. 

How we did not that in our childhood when our mother's used to sleep next to us when we were scared of something, whispering comforting words which we needed to hear, would soon become a pleasant recollection. How we did not know that our first day in school will soon become something which we would not be able to relive. 

We humans are really foolish. We take pictures of moments instead of enjoying them thinking that a photograph would stay forever. But the photographs can be lost or damaged but the memories stays with us forever. 

The memory of having dinner together with our beloved ones, the beautiful recollection of experiencing the summers in out childhood days, the remembrance of our grandparents telling us stories. These are the ones, the memories which stays forever at the back of our minds replaying.

Even after a decade has passed, the rose still remains, a testament to its beauty and perseverance, even though the vibrant maroon color has long since vanished. Just like rose memories stays with us. Even after when the person has left, even when the moment has passed, a memory stays within.

Without taking a trip down memory lane, we may never fully appreciate the value of our past experiences and how they have shaped us into the person we are today. Memories stays even after the night changes. So yes memories are the blissful remembrance of past events. They help us live and hold onto things which are out of our grips sometimes. Memories are the flashback of events occurred in the past. Memories are the eventful reminiscence of the memoirs of our beloved ones. 


The author's comments:

I like writing sometimes it helps me easy my mind and appreciate the beauty arount me.