The Key to Success | Teen Ink

The Key to Success

By DCORONADO BRONZE, El Paso, Texas
DCORONADO BRONZE, El Paso, Texas

To receive support from others, one must imagine their goals to achieve success. In the past, various individuals such as women tended to talk down to themselves and believe they didn’t have any sort of talent in their bones to become something big.  Based on how before there was a major sexiest issue that caused the majority of people to not even bother supporting them since they didn’t support themselves already. 

Marilyn Monroe, for example, never sought or imagined having any sort of talent to become a serious stage actress. But then until a pivotal influencer in her life, Lee Strasberg saw her inner beauty and supported her, by first, convincing her how she did indeed have the qualities to achieve success within being a stage actress and more. Today, the majority of the world agreed to have equality between sexes, therefore leading multiple female actresses to pursue and have the chance to have a dream first, then working hard to achieve them. For instance, 25-year-old Zendaya imagined her desire in the acting business from a very young age while helping at her mother’s job at the theater. Causing her to have support from her family and others. To show how receiving support from others results in success., let's look at the difference between Marilyn Monroe and Zendaya’s starting point in their successful acting careers. 

Marilyn Monroe, for example, first started at the age of 16, which is very young, indeed young especially since she didn’t create an image for herself at a younger age. Marilyn Monroe had struggled with a mental illness known as Borderline Personality Disorder, which caused her to struggle with identity issues and limit her personal goals that many couldn’t help but not support or believe in her. Until Mr. Strasberg introduced Marilyn into a whole new world that she didn't know she would fit in but continued and started to learn to think big while allowing herself to get support from herself and others. Although from the lack of confidence she, unfortunately, didn’t start so big at the beginning of her later on successful career. It was until she, later on, received support from others that she started to realize how it is possible for women as beautiful as she was to be a professional stage actor. 

Zendaya, on the other hand, had a whole different story to tell. She was taught from a young age by her mother and father that bigger is better, but, if you have a dream you have to pursue it with confidence and let everyone know you are determined; for others can fully believe and support your journey to achieving success. ThisWhich is what Zendaya proudly did while taking a moment of realization from her surroundings in her life which was mainly fundraising tickets and needing to help to seat patrons, that lead to theatrical performances. Therefore, goes into her having a successful image in her mind that helped her to stay focused and have healthy strong support from her agents and family from the very beginning to see their little girl grow into the star Zendaya had dreamed to be. In addition, receiving the support had helped to gain major roles to have her acting career blast off from the start. Zendaya, for example, started her professional acting career by the age of 14 but had a powerful impact show called “Shake It Up”. 

The problem with receiving support from others is that individuals will start to rely on others' motivation and see it as if it is only possible if they are getting support from others. Rather than gaining support with the mindset as if it was only extra support since you already have an image and motivation for yourself. In the end, by receiving support from others, you will be able to achieve success, only if you can imagine your goals first.

I wrote this piece as an assignment for my English class.