My Creed at 16 | Teen Ink

My Creed at 16

By ccruppy SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
ccruppy SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin

As a teenager you are still trying to figure out what you want to believe. What you truly think is right and wrong. But as a 16 year old you have some beliefs that you hold firmly. Some peoples may be through their religion, and some through their political values. Mine are unique to me. 

I believe that God is greater than life and that all sins can be forgiven big or small. No matter the size of the sin you will be forgiven if you devote yourself to God. Something I stick by is my religious beliefs. Like a piece of gum to a shoe, I stick to these. I believe the only way out of this world is through our God.

I believe in soulmates. I believe that social media has one of the biggest impacts on our daily lives. I believe that mental health is real. I believe that everyone should have someone who cares about them. I believe that everyone is trustworthy until proven otherwise. I believe that everyone has the same opportunity to succeed, some just need to work a little harder. I believe that if you want people to respect you then you need to respect them. I believe that this generation is the downfall of society. I believe that if you are lazy you will not succeed. I believe you need to search for that feeling and once you get it, never let it go.

So what do I do with all these things? I have all these things but what does it mean. You can let certain things define you or you can take a different path from people. Everyone is going to have their own opinion on what you should believe. But you shouldn’t let that change what you truly believe. You have to stop and think about who you want to be.  

Find what you want to live by. What you want to stick to like gum. What makes you fill your body with emotion. Something you are passionate about. Things that make your soul set on fire and give you that heavy feeling in your stomach. I believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinions, to their own creed.