“Sisters by chance, Friends By Choice” (Liv and Maddie Show) | Teen Ink

“Sisters by chance, Friends By Choice” (Liv and Maddie Show)

November 2, 2021
By sglantz24 BRONZE, Wyckoff, New Jersey
sglantz24 BRONZE, Wyckoff, New Jersey
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Do you have a brother or sister? I have a sister. We get along most days, but we have our days just like any other siblings. I always wonder what life would be like if I had an older sibling or a brother. Would it be different then it is now? Would I be the annoying younger sibling who snoops at the door listening to my siblings conversations? Personally I think that I would like having an older sibling that can drive around and give me advice, and be able to talk to me about anything. My sister is younger than me and she is still immature, so it’s hard to talk to her and tell her things without telling my mom. We are very close but I can’t trust her that well. She is always there for me and I am always there for her.  I always have her back but she doesn’t always have mine. For example, if my dad or mom and I get into an argument she will always side with them over me even though I take her side no matter what. If I had a brother I also think I would like it because it would be fun and it would be a different kind of environment. 

All my friends that have brothers enjoy it. I have always wanted an older sibling but, then I realize that I would be the youngest and with the way my sister and I are I wouldn’t want to be the youngest. I would never trade my sister for the world or our bond. I wouldn’t like life without her and I experienced that this summer. It was the first year that she went to sleepaway camp, and I didn’t. It was hard without her because I am used to being with her everyday and having someone always bothering me. If I'm being honest there were some perks about it. One being, my opinion was always the most important and everything got to revolve around my schedule. Family is very important and I am very lucky to have a sister. I know that no matter what happens I will always have her by my side and I am so thankful for that. Although she’s so annoying and gets on my nerves 24/7, she is the best sister I could ask for. She is so funny, kind hearted, loving, and overall a good person. Who doesn’t want someone in their life that looks up to you and loves and adores you? I know that we will always have the same experiences with our mom and dad so we can always understand each other when it comes to that. 

My mom has a twin sister and they are unbearably close and I hope that my sister and I could be that way one day. My aunt is like my second mom and I want my kids to be able to have my sister as someone they can go to for anything. My mom and her sister always complain about their parents, their issues, or anything with one another because they could never get rid of each other. I personally feel that when we get older we will become closer. My best friend and her sister recently got really close when they started going to high school together. I’m hoping the same will happen for me. My sister and I both love to shop, play lacrosse, watch tv, hangout with friends, and eat food. At the end of the day, having a sibling is hard but they are always there for you.