The end | Teen Ink

The end

October 14, 2021
By WolfGurl PLATINUM, Not A Real Place, Indiana
WolfGurl PLATINUM, Not A Real Place, Indiana
20 articles 5 photos 177 comments

Favorite Quote:
Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. –Anatole France.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. –Josh Billings

Men are from Earth, women are from Earth. Deal with it.- George Carlin

A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our people. —Franklin D. Roosevelt

Never lose. Either win, or learn. - Me


Euthanasia. Fine in the context of animals. But not people.

 

...Um, why…?

 

I am neutral in the question of Is euthanasia okay for people? Everyone has their right of opinion.

 

But I don't agree with uneeded euthanasia for animals. Yes, many times, all that's left in an animal's life is pain. Then, it's right. But not when a poor pit puppy is dumped at a shelter, and then labeled "Unadoptable" because people are bias against her breed. Not when she's led out of her kennel, and not when her short, bitter life was ended with the stab of a needle.

 

It's not right.

 

Simple.

 

Clear.

 

Easy.

 

Well, maybe not easy. There would have to be a bit more effort put into it than now.

 

But think how many lives would be saved!

 

"No bad dogs" is a popular saying among dog people. I happen to agree with this statement.

 

See, some dogs may bite and rip and tear and be wild beasts. But they wouldn't have been that way if they'd had an easy life laying on a rug near their Master's fire. They were taught to be that way. Trained by a dog-fight breeder, molded by the cruel street life, kicked as a puppy from an abusive owner, etc, etc, etc.

 

Same old story.

 

Every dog needs and extra chance.

 

And then ten more.

 

 

Thank you.


The author's comments:

Just bc pits, dobies, etc bite "harder" than other dogs & have more potential damage infliction doesn't mean they are meaner or Unadoptable, etc. 

 

I'll explain why.

Labs bite, Poodles bite, Schnauzers bite, Pomeranians bite, they all bite

No matter the size, every dog can have just the same habits. The only difference is that pits (or other) have bigger jaws, and so, doing the same thing as our toy friends, can make deeper marks. 

They don't bite more often.

They don't make worse pets.

Treated good, they can make better pets.