The Ban | Teen Ink

The Ban

October 18, 2019
By Anonymous

I had just woken up to what I thought was one normal day in the summer.  But it wasn’t. And I didn’t know this until just a little bit later. I threw my covers off of me to be quickly blinded by the bright sunshine shining threw my blinds, lighting up my room, and glaring off of my tv.  My little solar dancing whale, and bear rapidly dancing in my window cell. I was feeling good because I had woken up to a beautiful bright sunny day.

After I had thrown my covers off of me, I hopped out of my bed and got dressed.  When I finished getting dressed, I left my room took my allergy medicine and brushed my teeth.   Immediately, I went back to my room and turned on my Playstation. I was hyped to play because me and my friends had recently scored a big opportunity in our game.  After about a minute, my PlayStation finally loaded and I could see all the accounts on my Playstation. I selected my account to log on to and pressed okay. It came to a blue screen that I didn’t even read the first time, but it did not let me sign in so I tried again.  Yet it didn’t work the blue screen appeared as a bouncer at a club preventing me from entering, so I tried again, and again. I was so confused as to why I wasn’t able to sign in; it was worrying me.

I wasn’t prepared for what it was going to say when I tried to log back in, but I had to anyway. When I tried to log back in the bright blue ominous screen with its small white letters read this account has temporarily been disabled. When I saw that I was banned It felt like I had lost everything in life because I had lost everything in my game.  I was heartbroken the only thing that I had to do over the Summer was play was my Playstation but now I couldn’t even do that. Then, I started to wonder why I was banned; I had been so careful not to message anybody that would report me. Then, I remembered what I thought might have happened. The day before me and a couple of friends were playing Ark Survival Evolved, we were grinding really hard that day. We were cranking out tons of building supplies, turrets, and ammo. In the game, there is a wyvern scar that is filled with wyverns and wyvern eggs. My friend had gotten lucky that day and actually found a high-level wyvern egg, which is usually rare. He had it sitting in the quetzal which is a really big bird that can hold a lot of weight. I was really angry at the fact that my friend had thrown away my weapons because I was killing him with them, so when I got back on and found out that my weapons were gone I had taken his wyvern egg and eaten it, so he couldn’t raise a wyvern.  While thinking about this, I decided to text my friend Josh, and while waiting for him to text back, I decided to check my email because in the small white words it had said check email for more details. When I opened up my gmail, there was one email that stuck out like a sore thumb and it was from Sony. When I opened and read it, it had felt like a hitman hired by my friend had gripped me by the throat. The email had told me that I was banned for 7 days, because of inappropriate messages, this really made me angry. I figured that it was Nate but I didn’t wasn’t to assume if it really wasn’t. Now all I could do was wait for Josh to message me back.

It took a while for my friend to text me back but we were talking. I was asking him if he knew what had happened if he knew anything. He had messaged me a couple of minutes later that he thought he knew what had happened. I was scared to look I really believed that is was Nate and I didn’t want to believe it like why would my friend want me banned. I had set my Ipod down and was waiting, but when the bright flash appeared from my camera on my old, dirty, blue Ipod I knew that it was my friend messaging me. Before I even picked up my Ipod to read the message I already knew what it said. “I was in a voice call earlier with Nathan and Martell and they were talking about how they got you banned for eating something important on ark,” Josh texted me back.  “Thank you for telling me,” as I stood up and chucked my Ipod onto my bed. At that very moment, my bright beautiful sunny day had become a raging storm. I was extremely upset and angry at Nate and Martell. After this, I decided that I was going to take my account game share away back from Nate when I got unbanned even though in the future I would still want to play with him. That’s when out of nowhere, my friend texted me and started talking about getting revenge. I was so angry that I agreed, I messaged him back “Yes, how do you want to do it.” That's when josh messaged me back “We will have to get their accounts and do what they did to you.”


The author's comments:

This is a school assignment.