Plan Your Goal | Teen Ink

Plan Your Goal

September 27, 2019
By Anonymous

“With goals you can create the future in advance.”- Tony Robbins. My future goal is to become a real estate agent. A real estate salesperson is a person who is employed by a licensed real estate broker to sell or offer to sell, to buy or offer to buy, to solicit prospective sellers or purchasers of, to solicit or obtain listings of, or to negotiate the purchase, sale, or exchange of real.


This goal is important to me because I’ve been interested in becoming a real estate agent for the longest. I’ve also been seeing real estates whenever my parents took me to go check out houses, and they seem like they enjoy their job and helping their clients try to find the perfect house that suits that family.


In order for me to make this goal happen I have to be at least 18-19 years old. Also be a legal U.S. resident, and get a full education on becoming a real estate. Then once I get my full education I have to pass the real estate license. For example, I’ll have to go to college or go take courses that’s specifically for real estates, then I’ll take my real estate license with all the education I’ve learned.


If I do end up struggling on accomplishing this goal, I can get help from those who have experience of real estates or from my counselor. For example, I can ask them where they took their course. Maybe ask if it was hard, or ask if the real estate license is hard and if the courses they took helped them pass in order to get the license. Did they go take the license right after they finished the whole course or did they wait. There are many questions to ask a person with experience. 


Therefore, thinking about your goal ahead of time is actually worth it, because you at least know who/what you want to become, but your thoughts can change throughout time which is good. Anyways in order to accomplish my goal, I'll have to take certain classes, then pass my license test.


The author's comments:

Those who I surround myself with inspire me to go beyond and to follow my goals.