The stepping-stone to success-Failure | Teen Ink

The stepping-stone to success-Failure

September 18, 2019
By Emaan_zahra_ijaz GOLD, Sharjah, Other
Emaan_zahra_ijaz GOLD, Sharjah, Other
12 articles 14 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life"


The thought that being a high achiever at school is the only way to a good life in the future and that failure is unacceptable, has been drilled into the minds of so many young students and it is not entirely wrong ...but it is not correct either.

The thing is, the world now, needs creativity more than anything else but it also needs people who work to their best of their abilities and this is where we need to think smart. Let’s get real, no one would want to hire somebody with a low-grade performance, but that is the issue here. What if someone who got rejected to work as a lawyer because of his academic profile, if given a chance, could bring justice to the world .That student who wanted to research and find a cure for cancer but because of his educational background, no would bother to aid him in reaching his goals and now every one’s calling him a flop.

Kids hear adults say that failure is the worst thing they could ever have in their life, at least when they still go to schools. I say the opposite. Failure makes success. Each time you meet disaster on your doorstep, welcome it and resolve the issue instead of shunning it. Thomas Edison failed 100 times before the first bulb was lit and the 101st was his first success. Mark Zuckerberg was a college dropout, but he did not stop that from pursuing his goals. Failure is not evil, but failure without real goals is. So, as a student, build yourself to work smartly, aim high, do not try to drop down but if you do then do not sit back. The world is a challenge itself and it will keep changing to increase its difficulty level like a video game, but you need to understand that what matters, in the end, is your success and yours alone!


The author's comments:

Hi, I'm Emaan Zahra I. from U.A.E and currently a high school student.

Students ( and as a student myself) are forced in to following a routine of 6 hours of nothing but sitting behind a desk and jotting down notes. The article states my opinion on how this education system won't work out for the majority of the students. A common thing to be noticed in students is that the level of curiosity is deteriorating day by day because of the dull order. Clearly this is based on my opinion and thoughts which I wish to share.