The Future of AI | Teen Ink

The Future of AI

May 17, 2019
By jlazz BRONZE, Ashburn, Virginia
jlazz BRONZE, Ashburn, Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

One change I think will take place with future technology is the increased realism of artificial intelligence, so that it becomes closer to an actual human.  I believe this will be embedded in all sorts of electronics, from phones to smart devices to supercomputers. In the long run, this could result in artificial intelligence not only handling basic tasks such as setting alarms or calling someone, but also more complex problem solving. Someone may actually be able have a conversation or ask a philosophical question to an artificial intelligence and get a meaningful answer that isn’t entered into a computer somewhere by a person. The end result of this advancement will be that many tasks currently reserved for humans, such as flying a plane or conducting a scientific experiment, will be automated. Over centuries, this may even result in the need to change the economy from being capitalist to something else. Unfortunately, however, I think this will also lead to less human interaction. If AI could effectively communicate as a human could, I think it would be likely that at least some people would interact more with the machine than they would with real humans, considering how much people are on their phones now. This could be balanced by now unemployed people’s increased free time to hang out or relax however they want, but I would still expect people to be less social in general. If AI ever becomes truly human-like, there will be large changes, both positive and negative, to all of society.


The author's comments:

Some things I think will happen with the advancement of technology.