Modern Romance | Teen Ink

Modern Romance MAG

It is so hard to be a romantic these days. No dragons to slay for your lady love, only spiders to kill. No evil stepmothers or witches to rescue her from. No spells to wake her from with a kiss. How is a man to show off without any jousting tournaments? How is he to look gallant without his shining suit of armor complete with plumed hat, enchanted sword and family shield; without the proud headstrong charger which carried him so bravely into battle and which brought him back to his chosen lady safely, befittingly bruised and bloodied? How is a girl to fall in love without the sloppy poetry written by a hand unused to pen and paper? How in short, is one to be a modern romantic?

Family feuds are few and far between - so there goes the Romeo and Juliet approach. There are more evil stepmothers than ever, but they seem to have lost their magical powers and are looking a bit more haggard. Sorry, Snow White. With the end of custom-made shoes, Cinderella stands hard pressed to remain the only 6 1/2 in the entire kingdom, so the prince will need another approach. And Rapunzel has given up her long locks for a more fashionable bob. ?

asdwee said...
nice comment on rapunzels hair

asdwee said...
weird but different