Dawson's Creek | Teen Ink

Dawson's Creek MAG

By Anonymous

   "Dawson's Creek"

by Kate S., Scituate, MA It is taking over our Wednes-day nights. It is featured in every magazine. It is all anyone talks about. I can't escape it: "Dawson's Creek."

Before you start sending me hate mail and death threats, let me say that I have nothing against "Dawson's Creek" fans, only the show. (Please put down your weapons.) I don't understand why this show is so popular. I find the story lines boring and unrealistic. Honestly, how many people do you know who are having affairs with their teachers? The characters are extremely annoying. They do nothing but whine and serve as poster children for Gap and J. Crew.

I have only seen a few episodes. I watched them because I had heard nothing but Dawson, Dawson, Dawson for weeks at school. I decided I had to see what all the fuss was about, so I watched one episode. After about ten minutes of listening to Dawson, Jen, Pacey and Joey whine, I decided it was time to break out the duct tape and strap myself to the chair. I would have changed the channel, but I promised my friend I would watch the whole episode. The rest of the show was nothing but the same. When it was finally over and I had taken the duct tape off, all I could think was THIS is what all my friends have been raving about? THIS is how television depicts life in high school? I found the whole thing pretty sad and disturbing.

However, even more disturbing is that people are obsessed with it. All they say on Wednesday is, "ADawson's Creek' is on tonight!" I know people who count the hours until it is on. All I hear on Thursday is, "Ohmigosh, did you see ADawson's Creek' last night? Ohmigosh, it was so awesome! Ohmigosh, I can't believe that happened!" To me, the only thing more annoying than listening to this is listening to Hanson. All I can say is "Get over it!" The characters are not real, the story lines are fake and the show as a whole is a moving J. Crew ad.

I hope that maybe next time Dawsonaholics sit down to watch, they will see how fake, prissy and unrealistic this show really is.