Edge of the Unknown | Teen Ink

Edge of the Unknown

By Ringwraith_16, Bangalore, Other
Ringwraith_16, Bangalore, Other

Summary:

A story set in the future, in an age where mankind is forced to abandon the Earth. By now, technology is advanced enough to make an AI powered spaceship capable of carrying out a mass exodus to a new planet that resembled Earth. However, midway through the journey, the AI is sabotaged, and the sleeping passengers are unaware that they are being sucked into a black hole. Shortly after, for reasons unknown, one passenger- Dr Henry Pavel; is woken up from his cryogenic sleep. This is followed by the waking of three other passengers, one of whom was a convict.

The four of them cannot recall why they were woken up, and are shocked to see the trajectory of the ship – The Pallas Athena. Though rattled, they manage to improvise and come up with a plan to scan three neighboring planets for habitability. It was their last hope.

With three planets to investigate, and millions of hurdles along the way, the future looks grim. Can they survive against all odds? Defeat all foes? Avoid all obstacles? Can humanity survive?

Ringwraith_16

Edge of the Unknown