Demon Slayer- Heart Afire ( yn x Rengoku | Teen Ink

Demon Slayer- Heart Afire ( yn x Rengoku

By FlameUsers, Ridgecrest, California
FlameUsers, Ridgecrest, California

Author's note:

I love demon slayer, and I made this book because I saw other books on Wattpad that were also about yn x Rengoku and they inspired me!

⚠️ !WARRNING!⚠️ 

BLOOD

GORE

DEATH

CUSSING

You walked the streets at night in your cat form, and slowly, but surely, you were starving to death.

Another day or two and you would lay limp on the floor... As you thought about your sad life a sudden scream and sent of blood made you stop. 

You stared at the scene in front of you, a woman, laid dead on the floor as a male demon ate her body. 

You flinch as the demon turns around and looks at you, you stare in pure horror, you would be less afraid if you weren't starving because then you would at least have a chance of survival, but in these surcumstances... 

you were bound to die. 

You flinched as the demon approached you, you hiss as he approaches, hoping to scare him away.

But your efforts were pitiful because you sounded like a mewling kitten. 

GOD SAVE ME!" You screamed in your head. 

You looked down and closed your eyes tightly, awaiting your death. But it never came... ' how am I not dead yet?' You thought opening your eyes. 

You twitched your whisker in shock as you saw the demon and a man with yellow hair fading into red fighting. 

Though the fight was short as the man chopped off the demons head. As the demon faded into ashes the man faced me with a smile.

"Why hello there!" He greeted me. 

' why would he greet me while I was in my cat form?' You questioned in your head. 

"Hello" you greeted him (AND YES, YOUR STILL IN CAT FORM!)

His eyes widened as you spoke.

Then his eyes returned to normal.

"A speaking cat, how cute" he said smiling, he said this kindly, and clearly didn't mean it as an insult.

"I'll introduce myself first" he said happily.

" I am Kyojuro Rengoku!" He continued " you can just call me Rengoku though!"

"I'm Y/~" before you could finish you started to cough up blood, you panicked as you couldn't breathe.

You started to gasp for air.

You felt weak as you gasped for air, trying to hold on a little longer.

" no! Please no!" You managed to yell as tears came out your eyes.

You collapsed onto the hard floor, and everything got blurry.

Suddenly, Rengoku was right in front you, sitting down with his legs tucked under him.

As you gasped for air he spoke.

"Hello!" He started "poor creature" he frowned.

" no need to fear though!" He said picking me up.

"I will help you!" He declared, smiling yet again.

That was the last thing you heard before you fainted

⚠️ !WARRNING!⚠️ 

BLOOD

GORE

DEATH

CUSSING

You blink your eyes as you wake up, your on a futon(a futon is a bed basically).

You blink your eyes a few more times until you can fully see the room your in.

Still in cat form you jump down from the futon, but your legs are still weak from when you coughed up blood.

You wobbly stand up and slowly attempt to walk, using your tail for balance.

But, someone clearly heard the loud thump when you jumped down from the bed, because you heard foot steps running up stairs.(I KNOW THERES NO TWO STORY HOUSES, JUST GO WITH IT!)

Suddenly, the door to the room flung open, and there stood a kid who looked like Kyojuro Rengoku.

“ are you alright?!” Asked the kid running up to you and crouching down.

“ I, uhm, I’m fine” you slightly hiss.

“What was that noise?” Said Kyojuro Rengoku, standing at the door.

“ oh, your awake!” He smiled.

“Hello Rengoku” you reply warmly.

They look at you confused.

“Me or him?” The little kid asks.

“Him” you reply, not even slightly embarrassed.

“ hahaha, hello~ I don’t believe I got your name?” Kyojuro said, scratching the back of his neck.

“ ah, right, I started to cough up blood…” you wispered mainly to yourself, though Kyojuro heard.

“I’m Y/N” you reply.

“ excuse me but, is that your last or first name?” Asked the kid

“ first, I don’t have a last name, not anymore at least…” you hiss the last part.

“ alright, while, you should probably eat, you look like you could faint at any second” laughed Kyojuro.

“ I’m fine, I’ll just go and hunt” you hiss narrowing your eyes.

“ YOU CAN HUNT?!” Screeched the kid with stars in his eyes.

“ I, um, yea” you reply confused.

“ can I watch?!” He asks admirably, clearly impressed.

“ hah, sure, I might even teach you if you suddenly turn into a cat” you joke

“ yay! Oh, and by the way, I’m Senjuro Rengoku” he smiled.

“ nice to meet you, Senjuro” you smile

“ could you show me somewhere we’re there’s a large amount of grass?” You question

“ sure” smiles Senjuro, picking you up and running outside.

He puts you down and watches you carefully.

You crouch down and smell the air, though it was morning, rain poured down from the sky.

When you realized it was no use as smelling wasn’t working, you used your ears trying to hear any little sound that may be a mouse.

As soon as you hear little feat thumping on the hard ground, you open your eyes and pounce in the direction the sound was coming from.

You landed on a mouse, and happily picked it up and brought it to were Senjuro sat.

“ WOW, THAT WAS SO COOL!” He screamed.

You laughed and then started to eat the meal you had caught.

When you were done you started to clean yourself.

“Good job” smiled Kyojuro coming out from behind a tree, you hadn’t even heard him!

You continued your to clean yourself, ignoring his compliment.

After a few monuments your stomach growled again.

“ I should’ve known one mouse wouldn’t be enough considering I’ve been starving for a month” you grumble.

Both Kyojuro and Senjuro widened their eyes when they heard that.

They both stared at you for a moment before you spoke, “ what? Are you gonna keep starring at me or are you gonna say something?” You ask.

“YOU BEEN STARVING FOR A MONTH?!” Yelled Senjuro, while he was crying.

Suddenly, he picked you up and hugged you “ don’t worry! I’ll feed you and take care you you till your better!” He cried loudly in your ear.

“ put me down you weirdo!” You screeched, batting him on the head with a paw. (You didn’t have your claws out so he’s fine)

“ ow!” He cried even more, “ put me down!” You screamed again.

“ alright, alright!” He said, finally submitting and putting you down..

Kyojuro laughed at this.

You sighed “ I’m sorry Senjuro, but don’t pick me up again!” You apologized, feeling sorry.

It was silent after that till Kyojuro spoke “ so, how can you speak if your not human?” He asked.

“ who said I wasn’t human?” You asked.

They looked at you confused.

You sigh “ I’m part human” you say, turning into your human form. (YOUR NOT NAKED OK, I DONT KNOW HOW IT WORKS ITHER, SO JUST GO WITH IT!)

You stand up and give Senjuro your hand “ c’mon bozo, take my hand and stand up!” You say irritated that he didn’t take your hand.

He takes your hand and stands up after a few moments of silence Senjuro speaks again “if your a human, why don’t you train as a demon slayer?!” He says, confident you’ll say yes.

“I think that’s a great idea!” Smiles Kyojuro.

“ could train you!” Kyojuro adds.

You think for a moment before replying “ alright” you say.

Senjuro smiles “ one more thing” he says shyly.

“Hm?” You say, telling him to continue.

“ can I pet your ears?” He asks looking up at you.

You twitch your ear, you weren’t going to let him but then he did the puppy eyes and asked please.

‘HOW COULD YOU SAY NO TO THIS ADORABLE LITTLE KID!’ You thought, and nodded.

You bent down and he pet your ears with his small little hands.

“ it’s so soft!” He screeched, smiling.

You stood up again once he was done.

“Now it’s my turn to ask a question” you say.

“Hm? What is it” he asks.“ do you have any food, I’m still quite literally starving to death” you smile

.“ oh! I completely forgot! Here follow me!” He said, grabbing your hand and pulling you inside.“ I made you ride balls!” He said giving you a plate with three rice balls on it.“ thank you” you smile.Senjuro nods to you in acknowledgement before turning and giving a plate to Kyojuro.You all sit down and eat quietly.