traumatized | Teen Ink

traumatized

By zitlallyr2891313, Santa Ana, California
zitlallyr2891313, Santa Ana, California

Author's note:

I thought of this piece in 15 minutes.

I am going to enter high school on August 15!
I’m a new girl at LAHS. My best friend is Jamal Brown. I met him in kindergarten. People think I’m “the girl who gets passed around”, but I’m really not.

When I went to school, I was so lost. There were so many people. Out of nowhere, a boy comes up to me.
“Hi there, are you lost” says the boy.
“Yes I am, my names Kiesha”
“I’m Dominick but you can call me Dom”
Day after day, Dom walks me to all my classes. He is very sweet and generous. We start hanging out more and more.
“Hey, let me walk you to your house Kiesha”
“My brother has to come too.”
“It’s okay!”

Months and months went by and on October 21st, he asked me out!! He came to my house and bought me roses and a teddy bear. My mom definitely approved!

I woke up the next day so happy. I really love Dom. He’s my fav! I love how he is with my brother.

“What’s up” says Jamal

“Dom asked me out one week ago today.”

“He asked me what your favorite flowers were. I just didn’t tell you so you can be surprised”

“Aww, that’s so cute”!

Dom walked me and my brother to school and it was great! He bought us donuts and coffee. By the time we got to school, it was 7:55. When I got to my math class, these 2 girls were eyeing me down. That was weird…

“I hate that girl” said Anaisa

“Why does she think she’s better than everyone” says Abby

“Kiesha, say something!” says Jamal

I gave them the dirtiest look I’ve ever given a human being. Jamal was too. They were talking about me the whole period. What did I do? I just came to this school last month. Dom picked me up math. Anaisa and Abby were FLIRTING with him.

“Your so cute Dom” says Abby

They were being so touchy with him. I wondered if he was gonna do something.

“Leave me alone, this is Kiesha my beautiful girlfriend”

They walked away so mad.

“I’m sorry they did that, they don’t know when to stop. They have been chasing me since the 3rd grade”

“It’s okay. Today, they were giving me the dirtiest looks. I think I know why.”

“It’s okay, don’t hurry about them. I only need you.”

My heart did a somersault in my chest.

Today, I’m going to six flags with Jamal! He knows I’m terrified of roller coasters, but today I’m gonna give it another shot. Jamal is about to get here.
“Are you ready to have the time of your life?”

“No.”

My mom drove us to six flags. It took like an hour. We finally got there at 12:30.

“I’ll pick you kids up at 6:30. Have fun.”

“Let’s go to Batman first”

“Okay but I want to buy some food first. Go wait in line and I’ll meet you there”.
“Okay. Don’t take long.
While I was in line, a boy came up to me. I didn’t know what to do.

“Hey, you dropped your lipgloss,” says the boy.

“Omg, thank you”.

“What’s your name”? says the boy

“My name’s Kiesha”

“My name’s Jordan”

“Can I get your insta by chance”?

I was very hesitant because I love Dom and I don’t wanna cheat on him”
“Sure…”

The next day, I felt very guilty. I wanted to tell Dom but I don’t want to hurt him. I just acted normal.

Out of nowhere, I get a text. I thought it was from Jamal but it was from the boy from Six Flags! He said “Hi”. I called Jamal right away.
“What happened Kiesha!?”
“The boy from Six Flags texted me bro.”
“OMG say hi back”
“Okay…”

I texted him and he responded right away. He asked me about what school I go to and about what I do in my free time. We texted till 12 am. He is nice to talk to. The thing is he goes to Blue Ridge Academy. They are the rivals and the thing I’m most worried about is what if Dom finds out?

When I went to math class, I sat in my usual seat with Jamal. The twins were staring me down but in a different way. They came up to me at the end of class.
“We know what you did.”
“What do you mean” I said
“We won’t tell Dom, don’t worry…”

I wonder what they were talking about. I hope they didn’t see me with Dom. Out of the blue, these two girls came to me.
“Are you Kiesha?”
“Yes, why?”
“You better be careful because Anisa and Abby are going for you”
“What do you mean”
What just happened? That was weird. What do they mean “going for u?” Are they gonna fight me? They better not..

When I got out of school, I went to Royalty Liquor and Jordan picked me up. We went to his house… I met his mom!

“Hi dear, what’s your name?”
“My name’s Kiesha!”
“Well, my name is Abigail but you can call me Ms. Jackson, we are welcome anytime.”
“Thank you Ms. Jackson!”
Jordan took me to his room and we did something spicy. I felt so guilty after but I love Jordan. I can talk to him about anything. He’s funny too. I can joke around with him and he won’t take it seriously. But at the same time, I love Dom. He’s so sweet to me and makes me happy when I’m down. I love how he is with my brother. I’m just so confused about everything. Jordan took me home right at curfew.

“Bye Kiesha, I hope I see you tomorrow.”
“Bye Jordan, have a good night.”

-1 month later-
I woke up feeling weird. I was supposed to get my period today. I’m sure it’s nothing. I’m supposed to miss school today. Maybe they will tell me something about it. When I got there, I took a urine test. It says that I’m pregnant… Oh no! Who’s the dad? It has to be Jordan. I’ve only done the dirty with Jordan. How am I gonna tell Dom? My mom was surprisingly supportive.

“It’s ok sweetie, I was a teen mom too. I’m here for you.”
Right when I got home, I called Jamal.
“Bro, I’m pregnant.”
“ARE YOU SERIOUS?”
“It’s Jordan’s baby because it can’t be Dom’s.”
“Have you told Jordan?”
“No, not yet.”
The next day I went back to the doctor’s. The baby is very small. I saw on the ultrasound. I don’t know how to tell either of them. I’ll just wait and see.

I woke up feeling not myself. I feel bad energy. It’s whatevers, it’s just me. When I got to school, I saw Anaisa and Abby next to Dom.
“What’s going on?”
“We told Dom what you did.”
“Dom, can I talk to you?”
“He doesn’t want to, you guys are done.”
“Please Dom, let me explain.”

Out of nowhere, Abby punches me. I punch her in the face. Then, Anaisa comes in and claps me in the face. I fell on the ground. Next, she kicks me in the stomach with her high heels. All I saw was the blurry blue sky. Dom was trying to get Anaisa off me but it was too late. I passed out.
“Anaisa! Are you serious?”
“I didn’t mean to make her pass out…”
“I’m going to call 911.” says Dom
When the ambulance came, Dom went into it with me but he left after I got there. When I got there, I saw Jamal. He told the doctor I was pregnent.
“I’m so sorry Kiesha, the bus came late. I would have so helped you out. But the good news is that Anaisa and Abby got taken by the police.”
The doctor walked in with a weird face.
“Kiesha, I’m afraid I don’t hear a heartbeat.”
I didn’t really know how to feel. I just found out so I felt confused. I really wish my mom was here. She can’t come because of work.