A Is For Amy | Teen Ink

A Is For Amy

By imjustagirl, Monument, Colorado
imjustagirl, Monument, Colorado

"When the rich wage war it's the poor who die." -Linkin Park

Summary:

*Ignore the short description -- it's not important.*

Jake Benson is the high school quarterback. Amy Shepherd is the girl that lost everything in a car accident two years ago. Her father has brain damage that makes him act like he's two. She's trying - and failing - to balance her schoolwork with taking care of her dad. And, oh yeah, she's just been partnered up with Jake to work on a Senior Year alphabet book, which makes her hate him even more.
How does Jake even stand a chance?

imjustagirl

A Is For Amy

crazygirl101 said...
I love this story and I am actually glad you ended it there it was a perfect stopping point

julialove94 SILVER, Rancho Cucamonga, California

"I live to write, not write to live"

Ah man! You cant end this. Write more, right now :)

"I live to write, not write to live"

I honestly can not believe how incredibly amazing this story is so far. I'm on chapter 7, and wow, it it so good. I found myself crying at a few parts as well. You are a very very very talented writer, and writing from a guys POV, wow! It's really hard to get into the male noggin, but you have done a fantastic job of showing that through Jake. Love the name Jake by the way :) I'm not exactly sure if there's any more to the story after chapter 11, but if there is still room for more writing, please do write more! It's absolutely fantastic.

TheGoodTwin said...
TheGoodTwin, Fort Mill, South Carolina

Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

--Shakespeare

P.P.S. All books are in novel section

TheGoodTwin said...
TheGoodTwin, Fort Mill, South Carolina

--Shakespeare

This is truly great. i just finished reading it and i have a few things to commend you on. 

first the plot is great, a very strong aspect in your story.

the characters are believable, and i can see why you wanted to write from Jacob's view in opposing to Amy's, or third person. 

it's a real-life situation with real-life people, though i still and doubting that Zack would really hit/beat a girl, even if she is "awful." 

this is very emotional, and touching, and the writing style is easy, and flowing. 

however, i just feel as the last chapter so far, sounds like a conversation a pair of newlyweds or fiance's would have--not high schoolers. i understand you wanted this to be an emotional chapter for them, it just seems a little out there. 

or maybe i've just never met any guys that down-to-earth, head over heels in love, or sensitive. So maybe it's just me. 

But overall, great book so far, and i'm anxious to see if you post any more chapters!!

p.s. if you could, please check out any of my stories, Among the Stars(romance novel), Away from Tragedy(realistic fiction), and Hands Stained Red(action-adventure). if you can't no problem, but if you can, please rate and comment.

Thanks a ton=]

stellabella21 BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts
1 article 1 photo 22 comments
This is really good im not finishd reading yet but I think that you should definetly finish it and try to get it published

morgankathleen19 BRONZE, Rockton, Illinois

"Why would you want to be anyone else, when you could be yourself?"

This is really good! i look forward to reading more! :)

imjustagirl said...
imjustagirl, Monument, Colorado

So I'm totally new to this site and have no idea if I'm allowed to comment on my own work...

But to answer a couple of your questions:

Yes, I'm continuing AIFM. I'm actually in the process of writing another chapter. :)

How far I am is how far I've posted. I usually update immediately after I write the chapter, so what you see is everything I have.

Thank you so much for the comments! I appreciate it a LOT.

sany.lastflame PLATINUM, Frederick, Colorado
Please post more I really want to continue reading it! How far are you?

Donttrust BRONZE, Fort Collins, Colorado

ah! I loved this! .....are you adding to it?

this was so good. and it was exactly what I was in the mood to read:)

Oh and i was cracking up readng this btw :)

THis is absolutely amazing! I've read some of the other books on here and I wasnt quite fond of them but this one is just amazing and inspiring.