Stacey Anne | Teen Ink

Stacey Anne

By 28pbo7502, Santa Catarina, Other
28pbo7502, Santa Catarina, Other

Author's note:

Realistic Fiction with a touch of Mystery and Romance!

The beginning of it all

Stacey was a normal girl with a normal life, but there was something about her no one understood... As Stacey worked on her Job Applications since she had just graduated college, she could sense something in her room. She felt a cold breeze flowing through her body, making her get chills. Her chills went from her feet up to her head. When suddenly she heard his voice. 

“Hello, dear Stacey…” 

She had never heard that voice before, she looked around to see if anyone was at her door, but no one was there. She started feeling a little anxious since she remembered no one was home. She went to take a look but as she walked through the halls of her house she saw her dad’s baseball bat and grabbed it for protection. She searched all around and found nothing, so she decided she would go back to her room, and lock the door for safety. As Stacey closed the door she caught something at a glimpse of an eye, another door closing. That’s when she decided to immediately call her parents! 

“Mom…” Stacey quivered, “I think someone is in the house…” Stacey frighteningly said

“Oh don’t worry it’s probably just the new washing machine, it makes quite a lot of noise!” Her mom replied!

“No mom, this is different. I am seeing shadows and hearing footsteps, and I might be exaggerating a bit too much but when I took Nala for a walk I felt as if I was walking with 1000 eyes looking at me!” Stacey whispered nervously.

“Don’t worry sweetie I’ll be home in a few minutes if it makes you feel any better just stay in your room!” Her mom said, trying to calm her down.

“Ok fine, thank you!” Disappointedly ended Stacey.

As Stacey went to lock the room she still felt that something was not right, she felt her hair erecting and getting goosebumps all over her body. She knew something was off, she knew someone was watching her. Stacey started to think that maybe this thing, a creature got into her room while she was out. Because of this, Stacey got impatient and with her father’s bat in her room, she sat in her bed waiting for this thing to come out!

Medical Help

Stacey could hear Nala barking outside, so she thought her mom had arrived and that she could help her out. As she went downstairs she noticed something was strange about Nala’s barking, it wasn’t the same as usual, it was more like a scared bark than her excited bark, but she ignored it. As she walked to the front door somebody tapped her on the shoulder. There was no one at the door, but behind her was a tall man who looked as if someone could go through him. She got so freaked out she ran! When suddenly she heard, 

“Don’t Worry I won’t hurt you…” The same deep voice as before stated calmly. 

He was a tall dark-haired man, with the deepest voice ever. He looked in his mid-60s and had gray eyes. The man then explained that she shouldn't be scared. Even though he was a ghost he was pure and sensitive. During those next 15 minutes Stacey was not scared anymore actually on the contrary she started to like her ghost friend. His name was Drogo, and he was the past owner of the house. Though Stacey found it a bit weird to believe his story since she knew the past owner, he seemed pretty genuine so she believed him, and thought maybe he was a friend of the past owner who used to live with him.

After a few minutes of talking, Stacey's mom arrived.

“Stacey, are you ok? Who are you talking to?” Norma, Stacey’s Mom questioned.

“Drogo, can’t you see him?” Asked Stacey.

“No…” Norma replied

“He’s right here…” Stacey stopped herself, Drogo was gone!

“Sorry mom, I promise Drogo was just here!” Stacey hesitated when replying

Was she going crazy?

Later that night she could feel as if Drogo was there and she couldn’t go to sleep. So as she got up for a glass of water she saw him.

Drogo whispered into Stacey’s ear… “Hello sweetheart, sorry I left you earlier. You're the only one who can see me, so if you tell anyone they’ll say you're going crazy. Now, do as I say if not I will make your life miserable, so do it for me sweetie and go punch your Dad, I know it might sound a bit weird but I can assure you he’ll be fine.”   His voice was a calm, almost scary but welcoming voice, which even though Stacey didn’t want to, she felt pressured to do so.

She started refusing but it was as if she couldn’t control her body. She felt her body moving towards her dad in his bed. With no hesitation she went and punched him right in his face, while he was sleeping, causing him to wake up!

“Stacey Anne Smith! Why would you punch me, and not only punch me but when I am asleep!” Derek mumbled with his nose bleeding.

“I’m sorry Dad I didn’t mean it, Drogo told me to do so, and I couldn’t control myself!” Stacey answered with a horrified, guilty tone.

“Stop with the Drogo stuff your mom already told me you invented an imaginary friend, but how dare you cross the line with this, you have to cut it out!” He angrily replied.

By that time her mom had woken up, Derek told her the story and she got super mad! Stacey ended up grounded for a month despite her age being older than most kids would get grounded, during this month Stacey was forced to go to the psychologist every day. She eventually stopped seeing Drogo but on her last week with the psychologist, she got another episode, a fight in school, and her excuse, Drogo. The Drogo episodes started getting closer to each other, as far as she started getting two per week.

Reliving life

Her parents eventually had enough and decided to send her to a specialist, and after doing some tests, Stacey got diagnosed with Delusional Disorder. No one knew what Delusional Disorder was, so Dr. Lee explained… “ Delusional Disorder is a Disorder which consists of people seeing, hearing, and feeling, things that aren’t real, the people who suffer from this constantly feel like they are being watched, and in this case Stacey let her feelings and worries get through her in the form of Drogo, which he manipulated her, and that’s what caused the episodes. Stacey never had any control over this and in every episode, she would get into a state of hypnosis just after first hearing Drogo’s orders and if she refused, She would make Drogo take control over her. Fortunately, over the years, a special rehab has been created for Delusional Disorder patients!” 

Stacey’s parents were shocked! They felt horrible and apologized to Stacey. After their session was over Stacey’s parents thought the best idea would be rehab so they asked if Stacey would like to go.

“Don’t worry I get your confusion and it’s fine, I forgive you. And I would like to go to rehab. I can't deal with this anymore.” Stacey exclaimed in relief.

“Great! You’ll start tomorrow since Dr. Lee said she had an available rehab space during the following 5 months,” remarked Norma.

Stacey decided to take some time off of Job Applications to focus on rehab. For the next 5 months Stacey got a lot better and ended up never seeing Drogo, though sometimes she would feel him, Stacey thought it was a side effect and just brushed it off her head. After rehab, she did great for the next few weeks and even made some friends while in the rehab center, especially a young doctor who Stacey found kind of cute. His name was James D. Morgan and they had met while on the first few rehab sessions since James was the assigned assistant doctor for Stacey’s main doctor.

Happiness

After finishing Rehab, like many other members Stacey experienced side effects, most importantly a high level of depression. This made Stacey antisocial and Sad at all times. Even though she had to deal with the side effects, James helped her get through it. Eventually, they ended up dating, and James got the chance to even meet Stacey’s parents. They were extremely grateful for the help he provided for Stacey to the point he was almost family. Stacey was really happy with him and even though she still went into a depression she got over it with James’s help, but the only thing she found weird was that even though she loved him, and he loved her, she still felt Drogo in between, but again she tried to ignore it. 5 years later James ended up proposing to Stacey and getting married a year later. 

What?!

On the Wedding Day, Stacey was as happy as she could ever be. Then the moment everybody was waiting for came. The ceremony was beautiful, with an amazing reception and decorations. But the only thing missing was the icing on the cake! For the couple to say I do! 

“Stacey Anne Smith, do you take James D. Morgan as your lovely wedded husband, through the good times and the bad?” Asked the priest.

“I do!” Stacey cried out!

“Now do you, James D. Morgan, take Stacey Anne Smith as your lovely wedded wife, through the good times and the bad?”

“I do!” cheered James.

“ I now pronounce your husband and wife, you may kiss the bride!” exclaimed the priest.

They had their fairytale moment and they seemed like the happiest couple on earth!

“Sorry to interrupt this beautiful moment but for the record, what does the D stand for sir?” questioned the priest.

James answered, “Drogo sir, James Drogo Morgan.”