Nature in High Definition | Teen Ink

Nature in High Definition

By booklion17 PLATINUM, Wind Lake, Wisconsin
booklion17 PLATINUM, Wind Lake, Wisconsin

“Libraries were full of ideas–perhaps the most dangerous and powerful of all weapons.”
― Sarah J. Maas, Throne of Glass

“No. I can survive well enough on my own— if given the proper reading material.”
― Sarah J. Maas, Throne of Glass

A peaceful aura surrounded the entire forest. A stream ran silently and swiftly through the forest, a canopy of trees protecting it on both sides. The stream itself was a muted aquamarine, but the vivid reflections of the surrounding forest on its crystalline surface created an array of blues, yellows and greens dancing like sunbeams. The glassy finish of the river mirrored the beauty of the springtime buds on the tall, thin, spindly trees. The riverbank was a rugged, ridged terrain. The fallen branches, sticks and stones protruded out of the mud and mire, the only aspect of scenery not popping with brilliant color. Beyond the banks on either side grew a vast area of forest green brush, contrasted by bright yellow dandelions, with tree trunks exploding from the grass every few feet. The trees grew at slightly curved, winding angles, tall and beautiful. The trees on one side of the river curved toward the trees on the other side, as if they were long lost friends embracing for a hug.

First attempt at a highly descriptive piece, visual interpretation of a forest scene