France | Teen Ink

France

A magical transformation into another land I’d like to call my own, the home of the Marseillaise that I worship, with the greenery of the countryside and the rich charm in taste, with chocolate so pure and milk so creamy, and butter so wholesome, and the Eiffel Tower above, a towering symbol of strength and pride, and the Seine’s picturesque view, dotted with little boats rowing down the river, and fascinating works of art in the museum galleries, filling you with awe and wonder, and the cafés filled with people casually sipping coffee with a copy of Le Monde, or delight of a diabolo-fraise you can enjoy nowhere else, with smart cars zipping through the streets, darting around the wonder of ancient buildings surrounding you, with genuine, historical architecture, and gazing around, enjoying the feeling of the present moment in time, and the luscious gardens filled with flowers so vividly colored, the blooms of spring, and so much more, causing nostalgia to fill my insides as I arrived back into the world of rushing, where everything is a supersized version of necessity, where people scarf down sandwiches in five minutes, as I long to return to the French cultural bliss.

I was truly inspired during my first journey to Paris, France, and I hope you enjoy reading this description.

Aunt Kim said...
Amanda, I really admire your poetic and artistic writing style! This article made me want to jump on the next plane to Paris! My only visit to Paris was 20 years ago!! Tragic! You really captured the essence of Paris and what makes it special. And you haven't even had a glass of wine there yet! Extraordinary article!

Brit said...
A wonderful article Amanda! I am so happy to know that on your first visit you discovered what Paris is all about. I was twice your age when I first saw her beauty and it is so refreshing to know that you fully appreciate all that Paris has to offer at your tender age. You will never tire of her many faces, sounds and scents. Live each visit with fresh enthusiasm and may there be many visits ahead in your life!

AuntRene said...
Ahh.."the wonder of ancient buildings" and "luscious gardens" -- some great descriptors, Amanda.Rachel and I especially loved your wordsmithing here: "...the world of rushing, where everything is a supersized version of necessity..." -- a sad, but often true commentary on contemporary life in the USA... Thanks for sharing!