Kerala, Southern India | Teen Ink

Kerala, Southern India

September 1, 2007
By Anonymous

Do you ever wonder about your next vacation? Would you rather explore a new place or stick to the places you already know? If you are an adventure seeking person and is willing to try out new things and if you are a person who is interested in a country's culture and diverse traditions, you should consider visiting Kerala, India. Known as "God's Own Country", Kerala is located in Southern India. Kerala is a variety vacation land which offers everything that a tourist seeks-be it refreshing sea baths in the Arabian Sea or long treks along hill tracks in the Western Ghats. Once you are there, you can never forget the palm-ringed lagoons and rivers along the western coasts, the midlands with their velvet paddies and cocopalm gardens, and the cool heights of the plantation country up in the Western Ghats.These offer a wide choice of sights and activities to do while in Kerala. Fantastic festivals with dances, firework displays and caparisoned elephants, palaces and museums, temples and churches with magnificent architectural features and great mural art, wildlife sanctuaries nestling among the hills. The variety of Kerala is endless. So next time you plan for your vacation, keep in mind that "God's Own Country" is choice open for you and is always ready to show its hospitality.