Crafting The Perfect Croissant | Teen Ink

Crafting The Perfect Croissant

By ellievb17 GOLD, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
ellievb17 GOLD, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

The rush to secure the flaky goodness begins every morning at 8am, the line out the door, people waiting to get their hands on the most prized possession in town. The egg wash coats the outside, crafting the perfect croissant.

The lightly colored flaky croissant filled with oozing cheese and fresh steaming ham, burning my mouth like a screaming child. I take my first bite, relieving the constant craving. The butter creates the flaky texture, crafting the perfect croissant.

The deepest craving-- not even a plain croissant would suffice, the missing piece to my morning coffee, finally found. The oozing cheese fills the inside, crafting the perfect croissant.

The multilayered dough baked to perfection, with accents of yellow cheese and baked ham, tears fill my empty coffee mug, as I take another bite. The croissant is almost gone.The freshly sliced ham accompanies the cheese, crafting the perfect croissant.

The craving that runs so deep inside is finally satisfied. I take my last bite. 

The multilayered dough baked to perfection, with accents of yellow cheese and baked ham, 

tears fill my empty coffee mug, as I take another bite. The croissant is almost gone.

The freshly sliced ham accompanies the cheese, crafting the perfect croissant.

nooneatall BRONZE, --, California

"Hats off to the past, coats off to the future."
- American Proverb
"Why do you keep hiding behind your mask,
When even the scars formed by your mistakes
are you own constellations?"

This piece is so satisfying, I feel like I really had one of those croissants..