Advocacy Letter to adidas | Teen Ink

Advocacy Letter to adidas

December 11, 2013
By Jordyn Craft SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
Jordyn Craft SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

To Whom It May Concern:
As an avid soccer player of twelve years, I use adidas products for everything from socks and sweatpants to headbands, to most importantly, cleats. For twelve years, I used Adidas cleats and never once thought about switching to a different brand. I am loyal to you because your cleats always provided me with the right support and comfort, which is hard to find considering my high arches.
However, I was not impressed with my adizero F50 white and blue synthetic cleats that were a size nine, which I purchased for $180. They began ripping by the shoelaces after not even one season of play. Since the tears made it hard to control the ball, I purchased a pair of the adizero F50 TRX FG (in red and black and size nine) synthetic cleats for $210. Unfortunately, I was disappointed with my purchase again. In the past, I preferred synthetic cleats over leather cleats because I found that they gave better support and comfort. However, the adizero F50 TRX FG cleats were uncomfortable and felt like I was wearing complete plastic cleats. I was unable to return these cleats because it was after I broke them in; I noticed how uncomfortable they were. By this point, it was too late to return them due to the return policy at Stefan’s Soccer Supplies in Brookfield, Wisconsin.
I have enjoyed your cleats and products for years, but after my last two purchases, I’m beginning to doubt them. I’m hoping for store credit or even a possibility to try a different pair of your cleats. I would like an opportunity to try a pair of your leather cleats instead of your synthetic cleats to see how they compare; however, I do not want to waste money and disappointed again.
Thank you for taking the time to read my letter. If you would like to contact me, I can be reached at craft******@gmail.com or at the address above.