Never Giving Up | Teen Ink

Never Giving Up

How successful would you be if you never gave up and always put forth your best effort? You would be quite successful in my eyes. I believe that never giving up is important for success.

In my life weightlifting is important to me .To get into weightlifting I had to not eat a lot of junk food. If it wasn’t for weightlifting I probably would have went home and ate 2 hot pockets, a hogie, and a bunch of junk food. My stomach was growling. I also had to start lifting every day, if I wouldn’t have lifted every day my arms would be like blubber. I felt like my mussels improving greatly every day. To be a great weightlifter it is necessary to stretch before every workout so you can be very loose and ready to lift. If you choose not to stretch before every workout then your mussels will cramp up greatly. Ouch that doesn’t sound too pleasant. I never gave up so I became much stronger.

But furthermore to be better in school it is a must do to never give up and not let your grades slip. To get good grades you must pay attention. My mind is completely set when I am paying attention. Doing homework is another must do to keep great grades in school. If homework is not complete then your grade will slip greatly. Keeping up the grades makes me feel better. I study at least an hour for every test so I feel that studying is a key ingredient to having success in school. Test are more important to keeping your grade up then any thing else. I feel the need to pass my entire test. I never gave up in school so I brought my grades up improved a great amount.

Therefore at a football game my team and I were down by a touchdown. I could feel the butterflies in my stomach. Then the highly anticipated 4th quarter started. So here we go, they started off with the ball and we were ready to play the toughest defense I have ever had to play in my life. Thankfully we stopped them and got the ball kicked off to us and we returned it for ten yards. So with only a little bit of time left on the clock, we had to score. That was one of the most nerve racking things I have ever done in my life ,on the 3rd play of the drive we scored a touchdown it was amazing. I felt as if I was on top of the world and nobody could stop me. I had so much determination in the game. Because I never gave up we won the football game.

I believe that success is earned from never giving up and always putting fourth your best effort on everything that is handed to you. Hard work perseverance, hard work, and determination can help you win the battle to success