David | Teen Ink

David

January 27, 2017
By Sagerebel18 SILVER, Salem, Oregon
Sagerebel18 SILVER, Salem, Oregon
7 articles 2 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
Michael Jordan


It was a dark and spooky night, the roads seemed to hauntedly laugh at the scrap metal that lay on its side.  The scrap metal used to be a 2015 Chevy Camaro.  The wreck was horrid and gruesome to watch.  It ended in death for the driver.  The driver was 17 year old David.  He was a senior in high school and had a full ride scholarship to Oregon State University.

He went to a party with his friends, he thought that he was going to a party at his best friends house.  It turns out that it was some other dude's house that was known as the town's biggest drug dealer.  He wanted to run, every part of him told him to run.  Why he didn’t run was because his girlfriend was there.  That was the first mistake he made that night.

Before he knew it he was drunk and high as a kite.  He went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror his mind started playing tricks and games with him.  He went and took advantage of anything he could including his girlfriend.  Then he slowly grabbed his keys and zombie walked all the way to his car.  He started the car and very slowly drove away.

He drove the neighborhoods like he owned them.  He came to an old back road that seemed to laugh at people's death.  He hit the gas pedal all the way down to the floorboard.  Suddenly the car was in a ditch.  The car had hit an oily spot in the road and spun out of control crushing its driver.  Please be safe when you drive.