Writing Mary-Hannah | Teen Ink

Writing Mary-Hannah

By ifealabi123 BRONZE, Johns Creek, Georgia
ifealabi123 BRONZE, Johns Creek, Georgia

Dear Mary-Hannah,

Hey! I really really miss having you and your sister! So much goes on that I can’t even tell you about because of the distance. Since it has been so long, I thought that maybe we could catch up. That’s why I have decided to do things the old-fashioned way and just write you a letter about my first couple of months back at Chattahoochee High School. I’m not quite sure where to start, so I’ll just start from the beginning.

Since I’ve started back at this high school, I have joined the JV cheer team. We have a head coach named Coach Palermo, and we have two assistant coaches, Coach Floyd and Coach Zeigler. We have our games on Tuesdays, Fridays, and sometimes Saturdays. Practices are Mondays and Thursdays. Lately we’ve been learning a lot of new things, such as, stunts and some new jumps.We are also currently getting ready for an upcoming parade.

I’ve also made a couple of friends and lost some as well. Obviously, things don’t always work between people, and relationships don’t always last. It is upsetting, however, to lose people you care about. I’d rather not talk about it anymore.

You must be wondering what my grades look like as well. Or maybe not, but I’ll tell you anyway. I’m not used to struggling the way I am now because I’ve always been on honor roll; however, right now, I’m failing geometry. My favorite subject. My dad has really been getting on to me about it as well. I’ve been trying improve on everything, but it’s been very stressful.

I cannot wait for all of you to visit again. Or maybe we could go visit you in Kent. Anyways, we’ll see. It’s been so long since our family has been to England. It’s so hard to forget when we all went together and stayed in the tiny house in the suburbs with one bathroom! It will never be the same though… Please write back.

Love,
       Me