Pediatrician | Teen Ink

Pediatrician

October 27, 2015
By Asia_Monay GOLD, Wilmington, Delaware
Asia_Monay GOLD, Wilmington, Delaware
13 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I remember the time I told my mom I wanted to be a pediatrician. I wanted to be a pediatrician ever since elementary school. That has always been my dream job to become a pediatrician.


We were having career day in school that day a lot of different career people came in and talked to us. This one career really stood out to me though she was a neonatal nurse. I remember she told all the obstacles she had to go through to get to where she was at. She told us it’s a lot you have to do in the medical field and it doesn’t just happen overnight. I asked a bunch of questions because it was in my interest.

She said “I’m going to talk to you guys about my job and what I do and why it’s special to me”.


That day forward I had so much interest in the medical field I began to look up stuff about pediatricians.


As I was looking at things online I thought “I could make a lot of money in this career”. It influenced me so much that now that I’m in high school I been looking for colleges with nursing in them.

 

I remember my mom saying to me “That’s Awesome”. “You know I’m going to be on you a little harder now to make sure you succeed.” From her saying that I had the best motivation and decided to go harder in school. I started getting better grades because I knew that’s what I wanted to be and pediatricians are successful.

I think I would be perfect for this career path because I absolutely love babies and kids.


I have a strong interest in helping others as well because I feel like it’s my calling. I feel like if you help people a blessing will come and something good will happen to you.


The author's comments:

My dream career