A New Universe | Teen Ink

A New Universe

By BoobooBeetle DIAMOND, Jacksonville, Florida
BoobooBeetle DIAMOND, Jacksonville, Florida

“A good novel tells us the truth about its hero; but a bad novel tells us the truth about its author.”
G.K. Chesterton

"And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you."
Denis Johnson

I’m in a new territory, a territory in which many fear and many excite in. Away from the crowd of friends I once held dear and the teachers I came to love. Entering into a new universe known as High School, in an entirely different planet where none of my friends will go, I fear of the first day to come. I was accepted into the school of my dreams, Douglas Anderson School of the Arts, into the Creative Writing Program. However, events occurred, pulling me away from my dream into an alternate dimension, far from everyone I knew. It’s nerve-racking, going to a different state, a different school, a different grade. It feels as though I’m growing up far too fast, having to take on a whole new world on my shoulders alone. I’m sure I’m not the only one having to face this tragedy… I’m sure someone else in this ever-changing world feels the way I do. School will be starting here soon, and although it is not my dream school, I was accepted into the IB Program, the best high school program there is. I’ll walk into my new home, as all other 9th graders will, with my head held high. I’ll await an exciting, new future. It is high school, what’s the worst that could happen?