How a Cold Shower Can Change Your Life | Teen Ink

How a Cold Shower Can Change Your Life

October 12, 2014
By AliciaMarzolf DIAMOND, Cupertino, California
AliciaMarzolf DIAMOND, Cupertino, California
97 articles 0 photos 1 comment

The icy cold spray beckoned me as I inched away, coated in a thick layer of soapsuds. My family’s hot water heater had ruptured a few hours ago, and I hadn’t taken a shower yet. Disgusted at the idea of skipping my daily cleansing, I opted to take a cold shower, and that was where I was now. Soap-iced and skittish, I was convinced that stepping into the freezing water would be the absolute worst experience of my life. But I knew I had to: I couldn’t leave the bathroom wearing nothing but soap! So I bit my lip, squeezed my eyes shut, and stepped in.
The chilling water rained down upon me with force, and a shiver ran through my spine. After only a few moments, however, I began to experience a strange sensation. It was almost like electricity was coursing through my veins, and my heart throbbed with a fierce power. I rinsed and hopped out, whooping. I felt fresh and renewed, like a blooming flower. Whirling my wet hair around (and splashing the large bathroom mirror in the process), I shouted with a newfound energy. I never realized how amazing a cold shower could be. I felt ready to tackle the world. “I should shower like this every night!” I chanted. “This is awesome!!”