Love or Fear | Teen Ink

Love or Fear

By aarannya BRONZE, Bareilly, Other
aarannya BRONZE, Bareilly, Other

A creative man is motivated
by the desire to achieve,
not by the desire to beat others.

“To love someone means to see him as god intended him.”

“Fear always spring from ignorance”

I think these quotes are rightly said to define these two different words. We love each member of our life a lot and some cant even live without them. Love and affection are the emotions which keep us bonded with our family. But to whom we love, do we really love them? I mean to say that we Indians are too much superstitious that we give importance to the stupid superstition than to be so called true relationships. And these superstitions are becoming our fear of our daily life. Fear is those emotions which enter in our heart than only when attempt a wrong deed. And then the fight between the love and fear starts….

Now I would like to tell you something about superstition. We all have this superstition that after the death the person’s spirit comes back. In this fear we use to forget our loved ones and act as a killer of our own love. I am the witness of the same incident; I would like to tell you something about this.

One of my relatives mother passed away, and the son of her cried a lot and praised her mother also. He said that there are many mothers, but a mum like mine was only one. She never asked for anything till her last breath and she never requires any help. All these lines showed that he actually loves her mother, and this was the truth also. But suddenly someone noticed that he was holding a knife. So everybody was frightened and they asked him why was he holding a knife? He replied them that if the spirit of my mother will come back then….? It is just to protect myself.

Once he said that I love my mother a lot but after that he was holding a knife. I would just ask that, is our superstition turning our love into fear? Because how can it be possible that a mother after her death can kill his own child. So at last I would say that love and fear are the emotions created by us only and we are only the follower of superstition to kill our emotion. So always remember this:

“The emotions cannot be trusted, yet it is they that tell us the greatest truth.”