Sucks | Teen Ink

Sucks

Feelings suck. If only I was an emotional robot, then I wouldn’t be hurting. I would do what I am supposed to do and that’s it. I would get through life without depressing thoughts and a broken heart. But instead I am human, I can feel which means I can hurt. And I have a big heart, which isn’t a good thing. Because the bigger the heart, the easier it is to get knocked around and used. I use to be happy, that was before I fell in love. I would be smiling, all the time, and laughing too. But people say that love is wonderful and magical and perfect and makes you happier. That is a lie, because love is full of commitment and trust and pain. Life is not a fairytale, things don’t go the way they are supposed to. Yeah, when two people are in love it is the greatest thing is the world. You have a feeling that you can’t describe except pure happiness. You are literally blind because you don’t care what is happening around you, because you are happy! You love life. But, the worst feeling in the world is when someone falls out of love with you, and you can’t stop loving them. It is like being chained to the ground, and the person you care so much for is kicking you and stomping on you and spiting in your face. It is humiliating and it makes your heart hurt forever. They are standing in front of you, tearing your heart into tiny pieces and letting them fall to the ground. Then they leave you, alone, to sweep up your brokenness, but never to be able to put it back together again. Time doesn’t heal everything. Love causes brokenness. When I think about it I hate it, but I also want it so badly. It sucks.

Love Sucks.