Moving On | Teen Ink

Moving On

By KaylaDayann SILVER, Wilmington, North Carolina
KaylaDayann SILVER, Wilmington, North Carolina

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.

-Helen Keller

So today’s topic is going to be about Moving on. Many of us say that we are going to move on but in the end we all go back. Why is that? I can't tell you, but what I can say is that sometimes moving on isn’t the worst thing to do. It may bring you more joy that what you might expect. Yes, there may be that guy or girl you want to hold on to. But it may not be so healthy for you to stay in that phase. The reason I am saying this is because I been through a situation where I felt if I just held on a little tighter and longer that everything would work out. But that wasn’t the case. I just got hurt even more than if I would have let go in the beginning. Some people may say well that’s your situation not mine. And your right but what happened to me could happen to anybody, that’s why I am here to inform you. Things that you deem okay may not always turn out peaches and cream. You are the one in control of your own happiness. Don’t let not wanting to let go set you back because the only one who will be unhappy is YOU. Everyone deserves to find that one special person. You may feel as though that you have found that person but 9 times out of 10 you haven't. Take it me, Iv'e thought I found the right person but I was incorrect. Yea I tried to hold on to the relationship as long as possible but in return all it did was mess up the friendship I had with the person in the beginning. Think about it this way, you want the person you were with to be happy. Right? Yes, but how can they be happy if you won't let them go. Have you ever heard of the saying " If you set that person free, and they come back it was ment to be." Well you have to put yourself in that senario, and say if me and this person are ment to be he/she will come back.

Explains that holding on is not healthy, and it hurts you even more.