Disappointment | Teen Ink

Disappointment

February 9, 2013
By mickeypin BRONZE, Blythewood, South Carolina
mickeypin BRONZE, Blythewood, South Carolina
3 articles 2 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Never look back on life, you should never regret what you chose to do." - Michaela (me)


I’m not a perfect child and never will be. I am not a straight “A” student, so don’t expect me to be. Did you ever think to ask if something was wrong? Did you ever consider how I felt about my life? I love my life, how I live it, people that are in it, but everyday you both make it harder and harder for me. I feel like a complete disappointment to you. When you saw my grades you did not say good job for trying, instead you started yelling about how bad I’m doing. Why do you think I never can talk to you? I’m afraid that if I tell you anything it will be a mistake, it seems I am just one big mistake in your eyes. What happened to live your life, make mistakes and learn from them? I’m afraid to tell you when I make mistakes because that will make me even more of a failure.

I feel so distant and invisible, you don’t even know it. Nobody is perfect and never will be so stop trying to make me perfect. Considering I will probably never be able to share this with you because I’m afraid, hopefully one day I will be able to tell you how I feel before it is too late. I’m almost at my breaking point and you don’t even know it...life is hard especially when your own parents think you are failure. There is so much I want to tell you, but I can't do that if I know you will just be disappointed no matter what.


The author's comments:
Why am I such a disappointment to you?