Between Me And The Mirror. | Teen Ink

Between Me And The Mirror.

By jane.doe. SILVER, Argenta, Illinois
jane.doe. SILVER, Argenta, Illinois

~You were born an original. Don't die a copy.
--Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.

Face turn forward, looking at my reflection through broken eyes. I can hear my heart in my ears; its so loud. I shutter as I turn to the side to see how fat I am. I look away. I know this will be between me and the mirror. I look over myself to see the other problems. I make it to my face bare and make up less the blemishes mock me. I let a tear slide down my cheek. I know just what I am. I am no beauty queen and I haven't even looked at my hair yet. Shivering into a sigh. I look at my split ends and faded hair. A year a go I would've been happy with myself. Public school hurts. They spit in your face. Now all it is, is a battle between you and the mirror eating disorders are usually the answer. But I think Imma try exercising. I wanna make friend's with the mirror by the time I leave highschool. Because I am beautiful. I just have to figure out away to see it.