Subtle Kiss | Teen Ink

Subtle Kiss

By Fawny PLATINUM, Cheyenne, Wyoming
Fawny PLATINUM, Cheyenne, Wyoming

Love is a gift that must be cared for and cherished- Daniel Radcliffe
Life goes on- Tupac Shakur

Oh, subtle kiss. Should you be this significant to me? Should the slight pressure of your lips still be encrypted into the affectionate part of my neck? I feel your warmth, as it still circulates my body. I still feel your heat as it stays, cocooning me. Closing my eyes, I am swaddled in your fragile memory. I go to grasp you, but I stop myself just in time. The barely audible sound of your lips parting with my skin sings in bursts of warmth, reminisced in my mind. Complete nirvana forces the darkness into a secluded corner, ostracised into remiss. My smile parts the foreboding clouds. My eyes reflect my joy. I look at you, and know you meant to cause me this jubilance. My hands long for the haven they expect to find in you. The sun's heat caresses my tingling skin, breeding butterflies in my mind. The sound of gravel crunching attacks my ears, and I force myself to keep walking, paying attention ti=o the ground in hopes of hiding my blush. My fingers find my backpack straps, compensating to keep them away from you. I will the school to dissipate, all the other junior high school students with it. All except you and I. I imagine us walking on a hill, enjoying the sun, and each other. A sound of admirable awe slips into my ears, and I am yanked back into reality. My eyes wander, finding my friend's glowing expression. In my daze, I realize you have fallen behind. On purpose or no, I do not mind. You have given me more than I could have asked for. I turn my light head, as I seek you. My eyes focus on you, as I observe how you are not at all altered. I can't help but wonder if you are as sincere as I hope, as you carry on a conversation carelessly with a friend. Am I too much of a pensive? I dismiss my doubt, and revel in the fact that you have given me a piece of you. I feel your presence behind me, alone among masses of other students. My heart spreads out dusty, crinkled wings inside my chest, and I imagine myself flying away, weightless. The strength you gave me with the power of a subtle kiss melts away my damage. I am mended, my smile is bonafide again. I glide along the pavement, revelling in your seeming sincerity.