That Girl | Teen Ink

That Girl

May 13, 2011
By freespirited1 SILVER, Wesley Hills, New York
freespirited1 SILVER, Wesley Hills, New York
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I’m sure you’ve heard of That Girl, the one everyone seems to be talking about, the one who’s at the center of everyone’s attention-the one who’s at the heart of all of the rumors and of the stories.
I am that girl, the one who lost her mother to cancer. I am that girl, the one who almost died in Biology lab. I am that girl, the one who pricks her fingers 5+ times per day. I am that girl, the one who’s allergic to nickel. I am that girl, the one whom everyone pities.

But I am also that girl who is perpetually happy. I am that girl who always has the twinkle of mischief in her green eyes. I am that girl with the personality as bouncy as her curls. I am that girl whose voice is as soft as the notes from her guitar. I am that girl, the one who somehow only sees the good.

I am that girl who’s been through it all but has not come away bitter. I am that girl who keeps her head held high and her friends and family strong. I am that girl who will never let Life’s little surprises get her down.

I am that girl who loves music. I am that girl who can read for hours. I am that girl who is good at both writing and science. Yes, I am that girl. I am all of those girls.

And yet, I am just me.