"Meer Land" | Teen Ink

"Meer Land"

By no.name. PLATINUM, Ceres, California
no.name. PLATINUM, Ceres, California

When I was little, my older sister and I created our own world in my mother's linen cabinet. Almost every day after my sister would get home from school (I was in A.M. kindergarten at the time.) we'd blast away on our "rocket ship" to the land we'd called "Mirror Land". But because at the time, our speech was underdeveloped it came out sounding like "Meer Land". In Meer Land everything was free. My sister and I had a mansion there that I remember vividly. We had dozens of rooms. Ones that were dedicated to some of our favourite foods and places. I remember there was a room dedicated to cotton candy, which in my five year old mind was the greatest thing since learning to read. In Meer Land we could ride bikes all day if we wanted. Meer land had never been touched by the words sick or lonely. In Meer Land there was no such thing as hurt. If you fell off your bike, you got right back on. There were no scrapes, bruises or cuts. Instead there were fountains of chocolate milk, rivers of lemonade and rooms filled with pizza and ice cream. At five years old, I had just learned how to read. The Meer Land mansion had a library filled with books. Every Dr. Seuss and happily ever after that a girl could imagine. And at five years old, fairy tells tend to stick in your mind. They grow up with you. Sometimes it's a bad thing, especially when you are sixteen years old and you can't find love because your expecting some knight in shining armour to sweep you up off our feet. It doesn't happen that way unfortunately, it doesn't happen that way.

Piepiepie SILVER, Lakewood, Colorado

Be yourself. Everyone else is taken.
~Oscar Wilde

This is so cute! I love it!