Crushless | Teen Ink

Crushless

By GzusFreak10 GOLD, Staten Island, New York
GzusFreak10 GOLD, Staten Island, New York

It's the weirdest sensation. Ever since I was in second grade, I've had a crush on one guy or another. I usually pick the best, although I've goofed every now and then.
Now I have no guy on the mind. They're all just friends or enemies. I love them all, but just as brothers.
How did it happen? It was definitely unexpected. I was mad at almost every guy I knew, and then it struck me.
I have no regrets. I prefer being single in mind and in fact. To be honest, I work better without a man on the brain. Teenage guys, with the exception of a few, are jerks, putting it plainly. I love my friends, but that's all they are.
I'll probably get married someday. It's what's expected, and I do want to get married. But now is not the time to think of all that stuff. Besides, any guy who wants me will have to pass the test. I set my standards high. Whoever the guy is, I already love him. But I know he'll come in his proper time, and I'll be ready for him then. Until that time, I won't wonder and dream about who he is. I'll be happy on my own.
I remain crushless.

This one came to me after I decided I wasn't going to freak out over who I was going to date or marry or who liked me. It's so weird not having a crush, but I'm a lot happier and freer now that there's no one in my life.

Megan15 BRONZE said...
Megan15 BRONZE, Milton, Kentucky

"If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, your always in the same place"

This is a really good story, your right! You dont need a guy to make you happy!

Please please please please PLEASE comment! I really want to know what you all think of my work!