Crushless | Teen Ink

Crushless

March 20, 2011
By GzusFreak10 GOLD, Staten Island, New York
GzusFreak10 GOLD, Staten Island, New York
17 articles 0 photos 102 comments

It's the weirdest sensation. Ever since I was in second grade, I've had a crush on one guy or another. I usually pick the best, although I've goofed every now and then.
Now I have no guy on the mind. They're all just friends or enemies. I love them all, but just as brothers.
How did it happen? It was definitely unexpected. I was mad at almost every guy I knew, and then it struck me.
I have no regrets. I prefer being single in mind and in fact. To be honest, I work better without a man on the brain. Teenage guys, with the exception of a few, are jerks, putting it plainly. I love my friends, but that's all they are.
I'll probably get married someday. It's what's expected, and I do want to get married. But now is not the time to think of all that stuff. Besides, any guy who wants me will have to pass the test. I set my standards high. Whoever the guy is, I already love him. But I know he'll come in his proper time, and I'll be ready for him then. Until that time, I won't wonder and dream about who he is. I'll be happy on my own.
I remain crushless.


The author's comments:
This one came to me after I decided I wasn't going to freak out over who I was going to date or marry or who liked me. It's so weird not having a crush, but I'm a lot happier and freer now that there's no one in my life.